Chapter 30 - The Strange Feeling

SOPHIA POV

It's been a month now and I haven't got any more notes at school. I'm okay now I guess no more panic attacks. Its weekend and I wasn't feeling good for the last three days. I wanted to confirm my intuition if it's true or not so I planned to visit the pack doctor.

Hillary and Daryl are now on their retirement holiday with my parents so it leaves us with the pack. Aunt Ester seldom visits as well since she's in charge of running Lanshaw Children's Home. My sister and her mate are also busy running my former pack so it's only me, my cousin Nicole and Steve are mostly together at the pack house.

"Hey Nic, do you mind going with me to the pack doctor?" I saw my cousin puking her guts out as well.

"Sure I'll just mindlinked Steve. Is everything okay? Where's Damien anyway?" She spoke after a while.

"I think there's a flu going on here. I have been sick for some time now too. With Damien he is probably at his office by now. I felt him come to our bed last night but when I woke up he is gone." I suddenly felt disappointed because his been so distant lately.

"Did you have a fight again? I heard you last night don't defend that asshole this time." She gave an annoyed expression.

"I... I just don't know why he is acting that way. Since the day after I went shopping with Vanessa for her birthday." I sighed and she studied me.

"Speaking of Vanessa how is she anyways? How is their wedding preparations going?" Nicole changed the subject seeing me getting upset again.

Yup! Vanessa is getting married in two months with his mate Anthony. It turns out to be their mates the night before she turned eighteen. My best friend is now the Queen of Pura Lupus while Anthony is the King. A week after the proclamation Anthony called me since he was planning to propose to Vans so being the best friend I helped.

"Yeah I talked to her yesterday morning. I will be her Maid of Honour and Damien as Anthony's best man." I led us to the garage.

"That's great! Send my congratulations with them." Nicole smiled warmly.

"To be honest I envied them they are happy together while Damien and I---" I didn't finish the sentence since the tears suddenly rolled down my cheeks.

"Have you told him about our secrets yet?" She stopped walking and faced me.

"Yeah I did and he understands it very well and he won't judge anybody because it's Moon Goddess decision." I snatched the car key from her.

"Are you sure he really did take it lightly? I was just wondering since he's not acting like his usual self around us excluding Steve and the pack." Nicole insisted.

In all honesty I'm not even sure of what to think anymore. We both stayed silent until we reached the pack doctor. I was so nervous of what's the result going to be. Nicole decided to get her test too since we have same symptoms.

"Luna, Beta Mate it's nice to see you both. What can I helped you with?" The pack doctor bowed smiling.

"I wanted to know if you can somehow determine what's wrong with us. We both feel very odd these days and I felt dizzy most of the time." I tipped her as she scribbled it down on her paper.

"In my case I've been throwing up almost everything I eat." Nicole added.

"Did any of you miss your monthly cycle? If so then please take this." She instructed.

"Okay." We accept the small cup.

"I want you to pee on that one at a time. Beta Mate you can go ahead first while I take blood sample of Luna." The pack doctor politely ushered us to the laboratory.

After getting our bloods and urine samples she went to laboratory to have it tested. In less than twenty minutes she's back with results at hand.

"Luna, Beta Mate I would like to congratulate you. Luna, you are four weeks pregnant while Beta mate is five weeks pregnant. I will give you both prescriptions to give vitamins for the pups but I'm afraid the symptoms are all normal." The pack doctor verified.

She discussed the pregnancy and how long it will last. For werewolves it will take five months or twenty weeks in equivalent. It's same as human pregnancy just faster. What we experienced every morning were all part of morning sickness and it will stop in two weeks. Somehow I relaxed after that.

"When can we know about the gender of our pups?" Nicole gets excited.

"For you Beta Mate it's in two weeks while Luna is in three weeks. I will schedule your appointments a month distance that way we can monitor the pups' growth well." The pack doctor hands the prescription.

"Thank you so much for your time and giving us advices. We will see you again." I respond kindly before she dismissed us.

"My pleasure Luna and Beta Mate. Please take care, rest well and eat plenty of healthy foods." She guides us out of the door.

We head back to the pack house to tell our mates. I was excited to tell Damien maybe he will be happy from the news. I tried to mindlinked him but I can't get through his barriers. I found it strange since he never does that eventhough how many times we argue it's always open. Suddenly I felt there's something wrong so Nicole drive home in rush. It was her who drives since she saw how worried I was.

I went inside the house to his office hurriedly thinking he is in danger. He wasn't there so I tracked his scents to the pool area. I never expected what I saw.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine