Ch. 49 - WEREWOLVES OF LONDON

Start from the beginning

"That homicidal guinea pig is going to kill all of us unless you do what is necessary, and I don't feel like dying today." Peter said before putting his fingers in his ears. The man started shooting making them jump back before noticing none of the bullets were getting through the glass. 

"There's something wrong with him." 

"Yes! He's shooting at us. If you can't even kill him, how do you expect to win this war?" Peter asked before the man's gun stops, "Don't worry, it's just jammed. It tends to happen with automatic weapons that haven't been serviced regularly. Just slide the bolt back." Peter said making the man do exactly that. "Thanks." He said before aiming again. 

"We're not going to hurt you!" Scott tried to say but the guy just started shooting again making Avalon roll her eyes, "This is getting pathetic." She mumbled. "He can't be reasoned with, Scott. He's not only shooting at us because he's afraid, he's trying to kill us because he hates us." 

All of the sudden the guy stopped shooting before running at the door and jumping through the glass. Scott quickly shot forward grabbing the gun to block the guy, "Why are you doing this?" Scott asked. 

"Because she wants you dead!" The man yelled, "See? Blind obedience." Peter said making Avalon roll her eyes. She walked over, grabbing the man by his hair before slamming his head into the wall making Peter hum. "Hmmm. He never gave up. I would fight with him. I like him. That's how you win a war." He said.

"You were never going to help us, were you?" Malia asked making him look over at her, "One day, you'll learn that you can't save everyone." He said making Scott sigh frustratingly. "Yeah, and you can't kill everyone either, Peter. Look, you can fight with us, or fight alone, but one way or another, you'll end up fighting." Scott said and Malia nodded slightly. "I'm guessing it's going to be alone." Malia said before they started walking away. 

"You made it this far without getting your hands dirty, Scott! No one makes it through a war with clean hands! If you won't start killing... You better find someone who will." 

"You guys really think this is a good idea?" Malia asked as they walked towards the house that the Primal pack lived. "It's not our best idea... But it's our only idea." Scott said and Malia was about to say something but she slowed to a stop as she started breathing heavily. "Whoa! What's wrong with this place?" Malia asked and leaning against the wall while Scott looked down at his shaking hands, "I feel it, too." 

Avalon closed her eyes for a moment while taking a deep, "It's the Anuk-ite." She said as she glanced around slightly alarmed. Malia went to run off but Avalon quickly grabbed her hand. "We came for the pack. It'll be okay. Come on." Avalon said while intertwining their fingers and Malia nodded slightly before the three of them slowly started walking into the house, which was more like a shack than a house.  

Scott shined the flashlight around to show the place completely empty besides a few beds and trash. Avalon took a deep breath before catching the smell of blood and death making her slowly follow it over to a room, "Guys..." She said slowly making them walk over to her. Scott shined the flashlight into the room to see several bodies laying on a pile with what looked like their eyes gouged out. 

All of the sudden a clattering sound came from behind them making them jump slightly. "What was that?" Malia asked as Scott turned around and shined the flashlight to see Lydia standing their in a hospital gown shivering. "What are you doing here? How did you even get here?" Avalon asked as they walked over to Lydia.

"He led me. He wanted me to find it." Lydia said making them furrow their brows, "Who led you?" Scott asked. "Halwyn." She said. 

Minutes later they were walking through the woods, Lydia now wearing Scott's jacket, "Why would a dead Hellhound bring you here? Also, isn't he dead?" Malia asked and Lydia sighed slightly, "I guess the connection between a Banshee and a Hellhound-" 

"Dead Hellhound?-" 

"Is stronger than I thought. As for the why, I'm hoping if I find the body, I'll figure that part out." Lydia said and Avalon raised her eyebrows slightly, "There's a pile of dead bodies back there." She said gesturing behind them and Lydia shook her head. "It's a different body." She said and Malia raised her eyebrows, "There's not another body out here. I'd smell it." She said. 

"I'm a harbinger of death. Trust me." 

A little while later they ended up finding the body they were looking. Just like the one they saw in the tunnels the other day, no face and skinless. "How is this possible? We saw Parrish kill it." Malia said as the crouched down next to it. 

"This one's different." Lydia said and Avalon nodded, "Yeah, Lydia's right. This is part of the pack." She said making Malia look over at her confused. "How do you know?" Malia asked and Avalon glanced at her before pointing at the marking on the arm, "This must be their pack symbol." She said. 

"Its skin is gone..." 

"Wolves have to burn tattoos into their skin. My tattoo is probably scarred into my muscles, too." Scott said and Avalon nodded, "So is the tattoo I got over the summer." She said and Malia nodded slowly. "Okay, but why are there two of these bodies?" Malia asked, "Because the Anuk-ite has two faces." She said and Avalon looked at her. 

"That's why Halwyn sent you here, Lydia." Avalon said and Lydia sighed softly, "He wanted me to find the Anuk-ite's other face." She said. 

"It's a bad day for finding bodies." Malia said as she closed she freezer before she, Avalon and Scott turned to Liam and Theo. "There's gonna be a lot more if we don't find Aaron's other half." Liam said and Theo nodded, "Which we know nothing about." He said.

"We do know one thing- we know it's a Werewolf." Scott said, "We need to find this other Werewolf right now." Liam said and Theo nodded. "Preferably before they merge." He said and Malia glanced at all of them, "What happens if they merge?" She asked and Avalon sighed.

"I don't know, but I got a feeling that it's not going to be good." She said and Liam looked at Scott, "Any chance you got to put together that army, Scott?" He asked. "You're looking at it." Malia said and before anyone could say anything someone else spoke up.

"Let's hope this thing doesn't feed off desperation, because this room reeks of it." Peter said making them look over to see him covered in soot making Avalon bite her lips trying not to laugh. "What happened?" She asked in amusement and he held up a steering wheel, "The Hunters destroyed my perfect automobile." He said making her groan quietly.

"Why do I always miss the funny stuff?" She mumbled making Peter shoot her a look, "So, if this thing had anything to do with it, I'd like to see its demise is appropriately painful." Peter said and Malia furrowed her brows.

"I thought you had two cars?" She asked and Peter held up another car part before dropping it to the ground. Malia lightly nudged her girlfriend as Avalon started laughing.

"There's going to be hell to pay."