𝐎 𝐍 𝐄

Cold. Dark. Clammy. That was all that Absinthe could feel. She was stranded, clips of her friends, her dead friends, projected on one white wall in a box like room. The rest of the walls were black and a couch was sat in the middle of the room. It was a red cloth couch, just like the one Stu Macher had at his farm house in Woodsboro. This didn't feel like Woodsboro to Absinthe. It felt off, almost like she was being watched.

"Hello?" She called out, her voice no higher than a whisper.

"Hey, buttercup!" She recognized the voice instantly and gasped with terror. She didn't want him here, or so she thought. Secretly, Absinthe still loved the tall Macher boy but she hated herself for it.

"What's he doing here, babe?" She heard Randy ask as the two boys sat on opposite ends of the couch, leaving room for her in the middle.

"Whats even going on?" Absinthe's high school ex-boyfriend, Kyle, emerged from the black wall.

"I-Uh." Absinthe stuttered, she didn't know what to do, she was completely conflicted. She could feel sweat beads forming down her back. Though the Woodsboro boys did not say it, they wanted her to pick between them. So she stood there, staring back at the two twenty-year-old boys and the boy who would forever be seventeen.

"Abi!" She heard another voice yell out, she knew it was Mickey, a friend she met at Windsor College. They had messed around for a month, "Your gonna pick me, right?" He stood behind the couch and tilted his head in a horror movie way, a way that she saw Stu do many times that night of the massacre.

"Who's it gonna be my doll?" Stu laughed, "Remember which of us have psychological issues, especially when it comes to you."

Absinthe was creeped out by him saying that, yet turned on nonetheless. She knew deep down that it would always be Stu. Abi tried for it to be Randy, she tried for it to be Mickey, she tried with countless of other boys, breaking their hearts with no mercy. Each of them did not meet her standards, she didn't want to admit it but the only standard was be Stu Macher. Abi knew it was wrong to still crave him after what he did, she couldn't help it though. He was her drug and she was his. They undeniably had a special connection, they knew it from the first day they met at Abi's aunt Calista's house.

"Absinthe?" She felt her body shake. "Absinthe!" Someone yelled into her face and she darted up, hitting the person in the head with her forehead.

"Ow, Good Morning to you too." Absinthe heard Randy, her on/off boyfriend, say. They had spent the night together after a huge fight. They always fought, Abi loved to argue. He rubbed his head with his right hand, Randy's left hand was on the queen sized bed.

"I'm sorry, Randy." Absinthe stretched with a yawn and kissed the geeky boy on the cheek.

"Awe, that's all I get?" Randy playfully said, suddenly Abi pulled him on top of her and started kissing his lips and neck. She noticed he was dressed for the day of classes but she didn't care as she tugged on his jeans and whined into the kisses.

He almost gave into her but he knew he couldn't. They could not be late for film theory class again, it would be the third time this week. So Randy pulled away from her desperate whimpers and propped himself up with his forearms around the sides of her head.

"We can't be late for class again, baby." He looked down at her soft baby brown eyes.

"Please Randy." She tugged more and kissed up his neck.

"We can't, Abi." He tried pulling away but melted into her as she sucked on his exposed neck in the the maroon v cut shirt. Randy knew if he didn't get up now, he wouldn't be getting up. So he muscled up the power to get himself off the bed and her, he knew that was going to be the only way. Randy was met with her stubbornness more than anyone.

Absinthe wrapped her arms around his neck and her legs around his torso as Randy's feet his the carpeted apartment floor. She was very light, from high school she had only grown one singular inch.

"Do we have to go?" She pleaded with her dark brown eyes as he held her.

"Yeah, we do." Randy groaned and put her down, he didn't want to go either. All he wanted to do was stay here in a happy moment with her, he knew by the end of the day she would be angry and upset, they ended most days in a fight or a breakup. That's just how she was most days, pissed off.

When she met the floor, she walked over to her closet and put on a tight black mini skirt and a black see-through button up shirt. She didn't feel the need to bother with a bra, she didn't wear one most days because she hated the history behind them.

When she got dressed she did her usual makeup, black eyeliner and light maroon lipstick. She slipped on her simple black Mary Jane platforms. Randy was sitting on the bed playing with something she had on her nightstand when she walked back into the bedroom. "Ready?" She asked him and he stood up.

"Let's rock and roll." She giggled at his dad humor, she found comfort in it because she didn't have a dad anymore.

They indecisive couple walked to their film theory class hand in hand, despite the stares. There were more looks than usual but they ignored it and went on their day. Absinthe could tell something was up when she saw news vans pulling up to the school. It brought back memories of Gale Weathers always being their when something was happening in Woodsboro.  She didn't want to know, so she continued walking with Randy.