Stormy Weather

Alec: Welcome to the finals of our KIDZ+ competition! When today, one lucky winner will be announced as our brand new KIDZ+ weather girl!

(Crowd chanting Mireille's and Aurore's names)

Aurore: Hi!

Mireille: (giggles)

Alec: We started off with 5000 contestants. But with the help of our audience at home, we whittled our talent down to just these two amazing young ladies! So, let's welcome our fantastic finalists! To my right, Aurore Beauréal, and to my left, Mireille Caquet! Who will be the lucky winner? Vote now! Text 1 for Aurore and 2 for Mireille. And remember, standard text messaging rates apply.

Aurore waited for the cameras stop rolling before she turned to Mireille, 'you'll never win. I will. And you know why? Because I'm prettier, smarter, and just over all better than you,'

She laughs condescendingly grabbing Mireille's hand and squeezing hard and even if you did win I'll make your life hell until you forfeited. She released her patting her hand as if what they just spoke about was a good little chat.

********

Alya: Hey, do you wanna go to the park with me?

Marinette: Now?

Alya: yup

Marinette: Oh, gosh!

Manon: Uh, who's she?

Marinette: Whoops! I forgot about this little detail.

Alya: And who's she?

Marinette: This is Manon, one of my mom's friends' daughters. I'm watching her all afternoon. (Gasps) Oh no! I can't go out!

Alya: Let me guess. Another "you couldn't say no" favor?

Marinette: No, I just couldn't... say... no...

Alya: Look, no problem! We can all go for some fresh air.

(Manon runs off)

Marinette: Thanks, but I'm responsible for her... Besides, I couldn't do that to you. She's... an absolute angel! (A crash is heard. Marinette screams and runs after Manon, who is carrying a pot and a spatula.) Manon! Put that down! Ugh! Come back!

Alya: (Marinette continues to chase after Manon until Marinette and walks back to Alya and Manon continues to pull on her arm) You're just a pushover, Marinette. I have to babysit my sisters all the time, which makes me an expert in dealing with angels.

Manon: Who are you, anyway?

Alya: I'm a mythical unicorn from the world of Reespa, disguised as a totally fabulous human girl! I grant magical wishes, but only to little monkeys who behave!

Manon: (laughs) No, you're not! ...Are you?

(Alya grabs Manon in the air, and puts her on Marinette's shoulders.)

Alya: Okay, let's all go to the park!

Manon: Yay!

Marinette: Okay!

********

Alec: This is the moment we've been waiting for! The viewers at home have made their decision, and the new KIDZ+ weather girl is...

(The votes are shown onscreen. Mireille has significantly more votes.)

Alec: Mireille!

Aurore: (Gasps)

(Crowd cheers)

Alec: (To Aurore) Man, she crushed you, eh? Better luck next time!

Aurore: Ughh... (leaves angrily)