Chapter 35

Branch walked through the forest alone, his ears twitching, as he listened for the voice, but it never came...

He stopped for a moment, looking around in confusion, not knowing where he was or where he was going.

"Uh... hello? Voice thing?" he called out, looking around in confusion. "Where is it that I'm supposed to go exactly?"

     There was no reply... just pure silence... not even the normal sounds of the critters chirping were noticeable in the quiet of the forest.

Branch crossed his arms, glaring up at the sky through the bright green leaves of the trees.

"Really!? Now you're quiet!?" he yelled out loudly.

Still... nothing but the sound of silence.

"You know what... fine! I didn't want to follow you in the first place!" he yelled out in anger, looking around. "I'm going back to the trolls!"

He stared to walk away, back in the direction he had come from, but the wind began to blow fiercely, holding him back.

"Stop," he said, struggling to move forewords. He dug his feet into the ground, taking one slow step at a time, as he held his hand out in front of himself, trying to shield his face from the powerful wind.

The wind picked up, blowing on him harder, as it tried to keep him from going back home.

"Let... me... go!" Branch said through gritted teeth, trying desperately to move forewords. "Whoa!" he shouted, the wind suddenly pushing him over, so that he fell to the ground, rolling backwards. "AHHHHH! Stoooooooop!"

Suddenly, the wind stopped blowing, causing Branch to stop rolling, so that he lay on the ground completely motionless, panting heavily as he looked up at the sky with wide fearful eyes.

"Fine!" he finally shouted, rising back up to his feet, as he dusted himself off. "I'll keep going..." he grumbled beginning to stomp forwards. "You know... this would be a lot easier if you'd stop being such a little..."
'SNAP!'

     The sudden noise made Branch jump, as he spun around quick to see what had caused it.

     "H... hello!?" he called out into the emptiness of the forest. "Who... who's there!?"

     No reply...

     After a moment of complete and utter silence, the little blue troll gulped, continuing on his way, as he listened closely for any more sounds of danger.

     His ears twitched slightly, as they picked up an all too familiar sound... footsteps... someone was following him...

Quickly, he turned, going into full defensive mode, as he looked around in a panic.

"Who's there!?" he demanded. "Show yourself!"

The footsteps stopped instantly, as he yelled out to whoever or whatever was creating them, as if they didn't want him knowing they were there...

"Come out!" he yelled, trying to hide his fear, as he looked around frantically for whoever was currently watching him. "I know you're there!"

     Suddenly, he spotted something moving towards him quickly, through the corner of his eye.

     He turned fast, seeing a massive rock flying right at his head.

     "AHHH!" he screamed out in surprise, quickly ducking down, so the rock wouldn't hit him, as it soared over his head.

     "What the heck!?" he suddenly heard in an angry whisper. "Why would you do that!?"
"Cuz it's fun," another whisper said with a quiet chuckle. "Watch... this ones gonna knock him out cold.."

     Another rock suddenly flew out of the bushes, heading straight for him, but he quickly dodged it again, looking to where it had been thrown from.

     "Darn it! I missed!" the whisper spoke again, sounding angry.
"Knock it off," the first voice yelled in an angry whisper. "We don't want him to know we're here."

     "Who's there!?" Branch demanded, stepping forewords cautiously.

     "Kinda too late for that... he already knows," the second whisper replied to the first.
"Yeah! Because of you!" yelled the first whisper.
"Don't worry," the second whisper assured. "I'll handle this."

     Slowly, Branch walked towards the bush that the whispers were coming from, looking at it suspiciously.

     "And... 3... 2..." the voice whispered. "1! DIE!" it shouted out loudly, something suddenly pouncing out of the bushes, and tackling him to the ground.

     "AHHHHH!" Branch screamed in fear, quickly punching the creature in the face, causing it to fall off of him, as he jumped to his feet, running away without even looking back to see what it was that had attacked him.

     "You... you punched me?" the creature said in shock. "He punched me! Oh... that's it! You are so dead, now!"

     Wait... he knew that voice. How did he know that voice...

     He stopped running, turning back to see Barb charging at him, her eyes filled with rage.

     "Barb?" he questioned confused. Why was she there?

     Suddenly, his eyes widened, realizing what he saw... Barb was charging at him!

     "AHHHHH!" he screamed, turning quickly to run away.
"Get back here, boy toy!" Barb screamed out in pure rage. "Get back here and let me kill you!" Obviously... Branch kept running...

     "Wait! Barb, stop! Don't hurt him!" another familiar voice yelled out from behind them. He didn't even stop to think about how he recognized that voice too. All he could think about was that he needed to get away from Barb.