Chapter 1

"Trolls just wanna have fu-un. Yeah trolls just wanna have... fuuuunnn!" little Poppy sang, skipping through troll village.

"Hello, Princess Poppy," a few trolls greeted, as they passed the joyful child.
"Hi!" she greeted back cheerfully, waving at everyone she passed.

"Poppy! Poppy! Poppy!" the snack pack cheered, running over to the young princess. "Hi, guys!" she said happily. She always loved seeing her friends.

"Wanna play a game!?" Smidge asked, bouncing slightly on her little legs.
"Of course!" Poppy replied. "How about... hid n' seek!?"
"Yeah!" everyone agreed cheerfully.

"Not it!" everyone but Biggie shouted, placing their fingers on their noses.

"Aw, man..." Biggie pouted. "I'm always it."
"It's ok, Biggie," Poppy said with a sweet smile, as she placed her hand on his shoulder. "I'll be it."

Biggie smiled.

"Thanks, Poppy," he thanked with a smile, quickly running off to hide.

"Ok. Everyone hide!" Poppy announced. "I'll count to ten."
"Do any of us know how to count that high?" Guy asked. Everyone shrugged, and then laughed, taking of in different directions to hide, while Poppy covered her eyes, beginning to count.

"1... 2... 9... 6... 4... 8... 3... 5... 7... 10! Ready or not! Here I come!" she laughed, as she ran off to find her friends.

"Hmmm..." she mumbled, looking in bushes, and behind trees. No sign of them yet, but Poppy wasn't going to give up. "I'm gonna find yo..." She paused, hearing a rustling sound behind one of the bushes.

She smiled, getting down to her hands and knees, as she crawled forwards, trying to be sneaky.

The rustling continued, as Poppy crawled closer and closer, laughing quietly.

"He... he.. he..." Poppy chuckled.

Finally, she reached the bush, pausing in front of it for a moment, listening as the rustling sound continued.

"Ha! Ha!" she shouted, jumping up, out of the bush. "Found you!"
"AHHHHH!" little grey Branch screamed, startled by Poppy's sudden entrance. He stumbled back, falling over in fear, as he looked up at Poppy, his eyes wide.

Poppy blinked at him, confused.

"Oh... sorry. I thought you were someone else," she said, reaching down her hand to help him up.

Branch looked up at her, shaking slightly, as he breathed heavily, still shaken up from the little scare Poppy had given him unintentionally.

Poppy's eyes widened, realizing she had scared the poor little troll.

"Oh... I didn't mean to scare you," she said.
"S... scared? M... me? I'm not... scared," Branch said defensively, standing back up to his feet.

He dusted off his overalls, as Poppy stared at him, raising an eyebrow.

"I've never seen you before..." she finally said. "And I know everyone in the village."
"Well... uh... I try not to be seen..." he said, looking away from her. "Obviously I need to do a better job at that..."