Chapter 25

"You show us everything you've got. You keep on dancin' and the room gets hot. You drive us wild, we'll drive you crazy. You say you wanna go for a spin. The party's just begun, we'll let you in. You drive us wild, we'll drive you crazy. You keep on shoutin', you keep on shoutin'," Barb sang up on stage, the audience roaring with applause and screams of joy.

     "I... wanna rock and roll all night!" Barb sang loudly before pointing the mic out towards the crowed of her adoring fans. "And party every day!" the audience sang.
"And party every day!"
"I... wanna rock and roll all night!"
"And party every day!"
"I... wanna rock and roll all night!"
"And party every day!"

     While Barb sang out on stage, Poppy danced backstage, cheering her on excitedly.

     "Yeah! Woohoo! Rock and Roll!" she shouted. "Wooo!"

She was so happy Branch let her come to this concert. She was having so much fun! And she was helping Barb in the process. It was a win win!

      "You keep on saying you'll be mine for a while. You're lookin' fancy and I like your style. You drive us wild, we'll drive you crazy," Barb continued singing. "You show us everything you've got. Baby, baby that's quite a lot. And you drive us wild, we'll drive you crazy. You keep on shoutin', you keep on shoutin'."

Barb jumped up and down on stage, pumping her head, as she threw her hands up in the air.

     "I... wanna rock and roll all night!" Barb sang.
"And party every day!" the crowd roared.
"I... wanna rock and roll all night!"
"And party every day!"
"I... wanna rock and roll all night!"
"And party every day!"
"I... wanna rock and roll all night!"
"And party every day!"
"I... wanna rock and roll all night!"
"And party every day!"
"I... wanna rock and roll all night!"
"And party every day!"
"I... wanna rock and roll all night!"
"And party every day!"
"I... wanna rock and roll all night!"
"And party every day!"

     "Yeah! Rock n' Roll!" Barb shouted, holding up the rock sign.

     The audience roared with applause, as Barb turned to Poppy, who still stood backstage, clapping for the performance.

     "This concert only happened tonight, cuz my friend Popsqueek helped me out," she shouted to the audience. "Popcorn! Get out here!"

     Poppy was shocked for a moment, her eyes wide in confusion, but finally, she walked out onto the stage, waving at the audience, as they all chanted; "Poppy! Poppy! Poppy! Poppy!"

     "What's going on?" Poppy whispered, leaning over to Barb. "I thought I was just gonna be your roadie."
"Yeah..." Barb shrugged. "But now you're my backup singer."

     She tossed Poppy a mic, and the queen of pop caught it with ease.

     Poppy looked at the mic in her hand and smiled, as Barb started to sing.

     "Yeah, I came to rock. I got the fire. Ragin' inside me and it's burnin' strong," Barb sang. "Ow! I never stop. I'm a live wire. Yeah, I can rock until the morning comes, ow!" Poppy sang.

     "I live for the pandemonium. Loud... rough... raw!" Barb sang.
"I'm not just sweet and harmonious. I... rock... hard!" Poppy sang.

     Barb played her guitar loudly up on stage, and then tossed it to Poppy, who played it even louder, shredding it like crazy.

     "Rock on!" Poppy suddenly shouted as the song ended, smashing the guitar violently on the stage.

     Everything went silent, as everyone stared at Poppy in shock.

     "Umm... sorry... I kinda got carried away..." Poppy apologized, handing Barb the broken guitar with an innocent grin.

     "That..." Barb said quietly, her eyes wide. "ROCKED! Way to go, Popsqueek!"

     She wrapped her arm around Poppy, holding the smashed guitar up in the air with the other hand.

     Poppy laughed, throwing her hands up in the rock sign, everyone cheering out in the crowd.