Chapter Seventeen

Just to be clear, this is NOT the last chapter, but I have to take this time to thank you all.

I owe so much thanks to my readers! I never expected my fanfic to get this popular but it has over 2000 reads and the number is still growing. The amount of votes you all have given me has made my fanfic the 3rd most popular Johnlock fanfic (or at least the third one that comes up when you search Johnlock). Thank you so much.

All of your comments make my day, so keep at it! Also vote, like, and tell your friends about this so we can get to #1 together!

~BB

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 17

"Y-you will?" Sherlock stammered. It was the second time I had ever heard his voice falter. The first time had been when he was on the ledge of the hospital and he told me that he was a fake.

"I've told you I love you, haven't I?" I smiled.

"Yes, but we're actually going to get married! This is fantastic!" Sherlock exclaimed. I found myself taken aback. I had never seen him so excited about anything before. I was a little impressed with myself that I could make him act like this.

Sherlock leaned across the table and kissed me hard. That was the exact moment that the waiter came back to take our orders.

"Bad time?" He asked. "I can give you a minute..."

"No!" Sherlock exclaimed," This is a perfect time. Everything about this moment perfect!"

"Did I miss something?" The man asked.

"John and I are getting married," Sherlock said calmly. Regaining his composure. I wasn't really sure what to do or say. I just sat in my chair with a smile on my face. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get rid of that smile.

This is what I had wanted for ages now. My dreams were finally coming true. All the nights I cried myself to sleep were worth it. I was finally going to be with Sherlock forever.

"Congratulations!" The big man exclaimed.

"Thank you," I nodded at him.

He turned towards the rest of the restaurant. "Attention!" He bellowed," Can I get a cheer for the newly engaged couple?"

As people applauded for us, I felt my face get bright red. I couldn't help it. I had never liked being the center of attention. Sherlock was beaming.

We ordered our food. While we were waiting for it to come, Sherlock was staring out the window, observing by- passers. My phone buzzed in my pocket.

It was a text message from Greg with a picture attachment.

I opened the message and found a picture of Anderson and Donovan at the office. Both of their skin colors were now bright blue. Greg had typed under the picture "Sherlock?"

I tried to hold back my laugh, but I couldn't. Sherlock turned away from the window and looked at me.

"What is it?" He asked. He never liked to jot be part of something.

I showed him the picture. He had the same reaction as I did.

"Well, it's official," he said. "This is the best day ever."

It was like Buckingham Palace all over again, except this time, Sherlock was wearing clothes. We were both laughing like idiots by the time our food came.

****

That night, as soon as we got home, Sherlock called "Mrs. Hudson! Good news!"

She walked up the stairs to our flat saying, "Has there been a murder?" She knew Sherlock so well.