Chapter Twelve

I'm not quite sure how I feel about this chapter. I like it, but there's not much going on.

But it doesn't matter what I think, what matters is YOUR opinion. So comment and tell me if you liked it or not.

~BB

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 12

When I brought Sherlock home, Mrs. Hudson was just a bit more than shocked.

I called to her,"We're home!"

"We?" She shouted back.

"It's a long story, Mrs. Hudson," Sherlock called.

She came running to the door, even with her bad hip.

"S-s-sh-Sherlock?" She shuddered.

"I'm not dead," he said blatantly.

"Yes, I can see that," she said, flabbergasted. "But...how?"

"Why don't you come upstairs with us? We can have a nice talk," I suggested gently. The poor woman was obviously in shock. I probably should have given her some warning, but what was I going to say, 'I'm bringing Sherlock home! Yes, he fell off a building, but he's fine!'?

Mrs. Hudson followed us into our living room. She sat down on the couch.

"Molly helped me," explained Sherlock. "She told me how to fall so that I wouldn't die. I did break a few bones, but I took care of that."

"You were dead, Sherlock, John took your pulse," she said, incredulously.

"The old ball under the arm trick, Mrs. Hudson. Ball blocks the artery, no blood flow, no pulse," he said as if it had been so obvious.

Mrs. Hudson looked astonished, as if she was at a loss for words. Finally, a big smiled grew on her face. She bolted up and hugged Sherlock fiercely.

"I'm so glad you're back!" She exclaimed. "I missed you a lot, but John has been very good to me."

"I'm sure he has," Sherlock replied.

"Sherlock why did you fake your death?" She screwed up her face remembering that factor of the puzzle.

"To protect my friends, Mrs. Hudson," Sherlock said," Moriarty would have killed you all if I hadn't jumped."

"Well I really do appreciate it," she thanked him. Sherlock simply nodded with a small smile.

"My this is all too much," Mrs. Hudson commented.

"I'm sorry I didn't warn you Mrs. Hudson," I apologized.

"What would you have said?" She laughed.

I made tea and we got accustomed to Sherlock being back. It wasn't much of a problem for me, as I was thrilled endlessly.

"Boys..." Mrs. Hudson said slowly.

"Yes?" I asked.

"No, no. I'm just enjoying saying that instead of just one," she smiled.

I laughed. Mrs. Hudson had always been wonderful, but in the time Sherlock had been gone, we had grown closer. It felt like we were actually family now.

"Also, John, I meant to tell you - it just slipped my mind - Molly and Greg said they wanted to come over for dinner. What are we going to do?" She asked nervously.

"We don't have to do anything," said Sherlock. "Molly know the truth already and Lestrade deserves to."

"My this is a long day. When are they coming?" I asked.