Ch. 46 - FACE-TO-FACELESS

Start from the beginning

"Gerard. Which means this is my fault. I'm the one who let him go." He said and Lydia shook her head, "You couldn't have done anything." She said. "He could've killed him." Malia said and Avalon nodded slightly while Lydia shot Malia a look making Malia's eyes widen slightly, "Just saying..." Malia said.

"We're not executioners." Lydia said and Avalon shrugged slightly, "You are when it comes to war." She said and Scott nodded slightly. "That's why we're gonna make peace." Scott said making Avalon scoff and raise her eyebrows, "With Gerard? I'm sorry are we thinking of the same person?" She asked making Scott sigh softly.

"Avalon, you know what's coming. We all keep using the same word." He said and Avalon nodded, "Yeah, war. How fun." She said sarcastically. "So what stops a war from happening?" Malia asked, "A peace summit." Argent said and Scott nodded.

"Right. We meet face-to-face with Gerard, find out what he wants, and then we stop all this before it gets any worse." Scott said and Avalon shook her head, "I've been told that the last time Gerard was at a peace meeting was with Deucalion. Where he proceeded to blind him and then killed everybody else, including his own men!" She said and Argent shook his head slightly.

"I'll go. We know he's not going to kill me." He said making Malia turn to him with raised eyebrows, "You sure about that?" She asked and he sighed softly and shrugged.

"Not really."

"All we need is to find out what he wants- then we can bargain." Scott said and Argent nodded slightly, "Even if he does agree, his terms might be difficult to meet." He said and Scott shook his head. "Well, that's why it's a negotiation. I don't expect to get anything without giving something up." Scott said.

"Then you're gonna have to figure out just how much you're willing to give, and how far you're willing to go to stop a war."

"It's a trap!" Malia said as she followed Avalon down the stairs of the Dunbar household and Avalon sighed and nodded. "I know but Scott wont listen to me. Monroe said she would meet to talk." She said and Malia raised her eyebrows slightly.

"Meeting alone in the middle of the tunnels with a Werewolf Hunter? It's a trap." Malia said and Avalon sighed and nodded before turning to Malia. "I know, that's what I told Scott. But Gerard's recruiting new Hunters, and he's murdering our friends. He's definitely not gonna stop unless Scott can convince him that we're not his enemy." Avalon said and Malia raised her eyebrows, "What happens if he can't? He's gonna get him killed." Malia said and Avalon nodded.

"I know, that's why you, Lydia and I are going as well but we're going to be hidden. We'll come out if we think he needs the help." Avalon said and Malia furrowed her brows, "You didn't tell me that before." She said and Avalon nodded. "Because I didn't want Scott to hear cause he'd try to tell us no." She said and Malia stared at her for a moment making Avalon raise her eyebrows.

"What is it?" Avalon asked and Malia's eyes widened slightly, "What is what?" She asked. "You look like you want to say something." Avalon said and Malia shook her head quickly, "No." She said and Avalon looked at her weird before nodding slowly. "That was totally a lie but I wont push it." Avalon said before turning around and walking away while Malia cringed slightly at herself.

Scott turned the corner of a tunnel to see Monroe standing at the end with a couple guys behind her. "I thought we were here to talk peace?" Scott asked as he walked towards them, "I agreed to come. I never agreed on peace." Monroe said and all of the sudden the sound of a taser crackling made Scott glance back to see a man standing behind him holding a stun baton.