You grabbed your coffee to go and left the comfort of your penthouse, it was relieving to have your work right underneath you, you didn’t have to struggle with a long commute while coughing from all of the pollution that funnelled out from broken down cars. To start off the day your dad want to see you in the office, he said he had an important announcement that was going to help you with your journey into the head position. He seemed excited for you to take over but you couldn’t help but worry. Your dad was getting frailer by the minute, he had already lost so much weight, he only had six months left- You didn’t know how you were going to cope with losing him.

Standing tall, you waited outside of yoir dad’s office looking at the careful engravings on oak door. You heard your dad call out as you knocked on the door, telling you to come in. You pushed it open with a wide smile but that expression quickly sunk as you saw the person who was sitting opposite your dad.

‘Jennie this is a nice surprise’ You smiled through gritted teeth ‘what are you doing here? I thought I wouldn’t see you until later’

‘Your dad called me here, you know that important business deal I mentioned earlier?’

‘Y/n please have a seat’ your dad gestured towards the chair, there was a contract on the desk, Jennie’s and your dad’s neat signature at the bottom ‘when I announced that you would be taking over the company you seemed unsure, so I talked to all of our investors and we came up with an idea’

‘What was the idea?’ You questioned, your dad was keeping it vague like when he had told you that she was going to marry Jennie- you didn’t like his tone

‘I have decided to sell some shares to Jennie’s branch of Kim J trade, so she can help you when I’m not well enough too, her experience and resume proceeds her, its not just because she’s your wife’

‘What?!’ You couldn’t keep up your cool expression anymore ‘how many shares?’

‘About twenty percent’

’So Jennie now owns a quarter of our company? What is going to be left for me to take over when it’s my time?’

‘Y/n please calm down, we still own over 50% of the company, I’m not selling it away to the Kims, other share holders agree that this is a good idea’

‘I wish you’d have more trust in me, while I don’t have the experience I am a quick learner’

‘I have full trust in you, I’m doing this because you don’t seem to have trust in yourself’

’Taking over your company is a big thing, you cant expect me to be completely sure but I certainly don’t need Jennie's help’

‘I don’t understand why you’re so against this, it is a perfect business move’

You furrowed your brows, you knew you couldn’t just stand here an argue like a spoilt child but your pride had been bruised, you didn’t need Jennie’s help nor her advice, the fact that your dad still saw you as an unsure kid made you feel less confident in yourself but as much as you didn’t want to admit it you knew that he saw Jennie as his daughter no matter how fake this marriage was, she was a good business woman but you would never trust her intentions, youu knew that there was nothing behind the fabricated smile and black suit.

‘I know we’ve never really interacted in a business manner but I promise I’m fit for this’ Jennie smiled ‘we get on so well I’m sure we’ll be able to do great things with this opportunity’

‘Well said Jennie, I wish my daughter was as clear minded as you are’ your dad glowed as your face turned into permeant scowl

‘Fine’ You sighed ‘I’ll try to see the bright side of this but as soon as I become the chairman and make profit I am going to buy her out’