Chapter 19: Sister-Exchange Event, Day 2

Start from the beginning

"I don't want to participate in tomorrow's team event."

"Gakuganji is the person you should talk with, not me." I winc my bluntness.

"You took out one of our teammates, and..."

"Ducking out of tomorrow's event is not why you reached out to me." I take in the woman's scent and breathe a sigh of relief. The smallest grin forms on my face while we walk and talk.

5:00 am- Seven Hours Before Team Event Begins

Pressure builds up in my lower abdominal region and the sound of the ocean does not help. The blue sky disappears, and darkness comes into view. Odd, my mattress feels like a cloud and not a brick. The oversized cotton t-shirt on the ground smells of Old Spice, fresh linen, and body odor. Time to relieve this pressure. Raising myself from the bed, slipping into house slippers, and five steps later, the porcelain throne comes into view.

I turn my gaze to the watch on my right wrist and notice it is 5:45 am: time to get ready for school. A cold splash of water on the face draws my attention to the five-o-clock-shadow. Batting my brown eyes open, I see a face of freckles, fire-colored hair, and a bare-chested individual with a star-dazed look.

"You have got to be kidding me!"

I grab the sides of the vanity, blinking my eyes seven times. After grunting to myself, I waltz back into Simon's room...pausing in place when I see his desk.

The first frame is Simon and me on picture day when we first met: his left arm is draped over my shoulders, and my right arm is draped over his shoulders. Both of us are grinning ear-to-ear. The second frame makes my jaw drop and my eyes bulge.

"There you are dear...oh. It is dress uniform day?"

"I can change when I get to school."

Simon's mother looks at me like I have three heads. I shrug my shoulders and walk over to the table set for three. My mouth salivates, my eyes grow larger than the sun, and my stomach sounds like a symphony.

Simon's parents look at each other, then they look at me.

"When do you plan on bringing Lithuila over for dinner?"

The fork jumps from my hand as Simon's father talks.

6:30 am- Kyoto Campus

It feels like my body has been hit by a bus! Every time I move on this hard mattress, my body tenses up!

Odd, I don't recall getting this tanned during the winter, and where are the rest of my clothes? Why is there a tattoo on my wrist...

"Blaise, are you in there?"

Blaise? Since when does Lithuila go by the name Blaise? Better yet,

"Why am I here?"

Oh god! It's the cute guy with pierced ears.

"I don't know how to answer your question," Suguru rubs his eyes and turns his back toward the door. "We are partnering up during the team event per Satoru's instructions. And we have a meeting in five minutes."

Simon's right-hand lands on my hip, forcing him to put his weight on his left side. He shuts the door, quietly squealing while dressing.

"Spill your guts kid." Satoru's arms are folded across his chest. He stares into Simon's face, unblinking.

"Spill my guts?" Simon tugs at his dress straps, making a pouty face at Satoru's words.

"Seriously? I have called you kid several times today, and you have not chewed my head off!"