Episode 25: War at Two Sides

Our forces were now ready to launch an assault. I suggested some nuclear strikes to strike the Zerg defenses to open up a way in order for our main forces to advance.

He agreed and put the plan in motion. I was in my room, preparing and resting to get some of my energy back.

I stare at my weapon hanging on the wall. I was silently reflecting.

I sigh and closed my eyes. This war is about to end. But, this will be the biggest war that only Lupin and I will ever experience.

I...was afraid. I felt like we're rushing things a lot. The thought of dying on an unknown planet scared me. This isn't my home. This isn't where I belong. I'm just a warrior fighting a war against an alien race known as the Zerg.

I gently shook my head and clenched my fist. I lightly touched my chest and reassured myself.

"Everything's going to be fine. We will survive no matter what it takes. We will go home in one piece."

And then, the alarm rang. It was a signal of a Zerg attack. I stood up, approaching my Silver Warblade and place my hand on its blade.

"Soon partner, we'll go back to slaying Grimms very soon." I gently smiled as I resolve myself. "For now, I'll help these people and honor my deal with Tassadar. After that, we can finally go home."

I geared up and went outside my room. I rush towards our defenses to fend of the Zerg attack.

* * *

Lupin

I was gearing up since I'm part of the advance force. My skills are greatly needed on the battlefield and I always start our attack with my power move.

It always works but, I also gotta be careful since a momentary lack of concentration  means that my trump card will go wild and damage the ones behind me too.

I was in my room, preparing myself and checking everything. As I approach my new weapon, I found myself staring at my old partner, Sigma.

I stare at it solemnly. "It's been so long huh?" I chuckled. "After this, we can finally go home."

I smiled afterwards. "I can't wait to use you again. Wait for me partner, I'll be back before you know it!"

I took my new weapon and rushed outside. There are several Protoss warriors standing in line and preparing themselves. I went in front as usual to start our opening act.

Artanis and Tassadar approached me. "Can you handle this?"

I place my fist to my chest and smiled. "Leave it to me."

Fenix nodded. "That's the spirit!"

After our exchange, we started our advance. Our air force will go first to weaken some of their defenses which will be led by Artanis. The ground forces by Fenix and the Dark Templar forces by Zeratul. Tassadar will be part of the main force and start their attack after we finished our role.

"It's showtime." I said as I wear my helmet and started our advance.

After we marched, I went on ahead to show myself to the enemy.

"This is...." I was speechless. I expected some resistance from them but...not this many.

The area in front of me was covered by the Swarm. There are countless Hydralisks, Zerglings, Ultralisks and Mutalisks roaming around their defenses.

I grip my weapon handle hard and called out to them.

"OVER HERE YOU UGLY MONSTERS!"

That got their attention. The enemy roared and faced me. They started their advance and ran towards me.