Maybe Yes, Maybe No

"Uhm, captain. They're at it again." One of the sailors informed as they pointed at the two bickering teens.

"Ugh. Again? Is this the 6th time today?"

Salty made his way towards the two and separated them once again.

"Alright, ye two. This is the umpth time ye've been bickering today. Luz, go and clean by the quarter deck. Miss Amity, I suggest ye should avoid bumping into Luz. So ye can freely explore the ship except where Luz is. Ye got it?"

They nodded and did as told, not before giving each other the cold shoulder and sticking their tongues out.

"Do you think they'll end up with each other, cap'ain?" France asked.

"Heh. With those two always bickering at each other, no doubt that they will soon."

While mopping the quarter-deck, Luz was ranting with a fellow crewmate who was helping her out.

"What's her deal, anyway?! If she still can't get over yesterday, then she should've sent a letter by now to her father! Ugh! She's so stubborn and rude!"

"Luz, you missed a spot."

"I mean, I'm not dirty. I always clean myself. I always do proper hygiene as others do."

She paused for a moment before facing her crewmate.

"Do you think I'm dirty, Grug?"

"Hmm. No, but there is some dirt behind one of those barrels."

Grug pointed out. Luz sighed as she continued to clean with a sad face.

"Is this how other people will see me as? A dirty, homeless peasant, who's in a pirate crew as a job at a young age?! I mean sure that I'm trying to earn some money, but I'm also living out my dream, you know. I was... A nobody back home. Nobody would treat me like a normal person."

While feeling down, a hand pulled her out of her negative thoughts. She looked up and saw a smile from her buddy.

"Soon, Luz. They'll see and understand."

Luz cracked up a smile before wiping the tears forming in her eyes.

"There's still dirt by the barrels." Grug reminded.

"Oh yeah, you're right."

She chuckled lightly before going back to work.

"Toilet break!" The red-haired boy said loudly, halting the story.

"Oh. Like right now?"

He gave assurance by nodding his head fast. Michaelle then gestured the little one to go. He stood and ran out of the Kid's Corner.

"Let's wait for him to come back, okay?" The others agreed with Michaelle's decision.

"Miss Alecsandra, what do you think about Michaelle?" Braxas asked.

By now, all the kids were curious and waited for Alecsandra to answer. Alec was flustered by his question. She looked at Michaelle, who had the same reaction as her.

"What do I think about them? Hmm... Well, they're kind, nice, caring, and brave. They would stand up for their friends if ever they were in trouble. They're also an amazing bard."

"Oooohhh~!" The kids reacted.

"Will you play us a song if you'll come here again?" They requested Michaelle.

Michaelle, surprised by this, thought for a while. They were unsure if they could come back again.

"I don't know. I'm not sure if I can."

The youngsters started to plead with Michaelle to come back. Michaelle let out a defeated sigh and said, "Okay, I'll try."

The children rejoiced. Just then, the little boy came running in and sat down with the others.

The sun was going down and Luz was assigned to steer the ship. While focusing on navigating the ship, she didn't notice Amity walking up to where she was.

"Hey, do you know where—" As soon as Luz turned around, she was surprised and her face turned into a frown.

"Oh, it's you. The captain's weird creature crewmate."

"Hey, Amity. I'm actually not a weird creature and I guess I have to introduce myself properly. Hi, I'm Luz the human." She held out her hand for Amity to shake.

"Ugh, put that away." She slapped her hand away. "Don't think about getting away from the incident yesterday. You were also involved in it."

"Well, to be fair, we didn't know that you were on a trip. I mean you literally were in the most remote sea."

"That's because my father only gave me a short trip to the seas."

"The seas?" Luz was a little puzzled about what she said.

Amity turned her head to the side and looked out the horizon as her arms were crossed.

"I wanted it not to be a short trip, you know." She said in a whisper but Luz heard it.

Luz then finally understood.

"Oh! So you wanted to travel! You wanted to travel all over the realm!"

Amity quickly composed herself and gazed at Luz.

"Yes, but I still have more responsibility to take care of. I must fulfill my duty and I don't have the time to that silly dream of mine."

"It's not a silly dream, Amity. It's an awesome dream~! You have the same dream as me."

"Well, it's a stupid dream. Once I'm home, I'll be back to do what a Blight has to do."

Amity turned around and walked away from Luz.

"Amity, wait!" Luz called.

She stopped walking, but only to say, "Can we just forget that we had this conversation? As I said, it's a stupid dream anyways."

She proceeded to make her way towards her cabin room. Once she was out of sight, Luz sighed and sat on one of the barrels that were near her.

She thought back to what Amity said and her expressions. More importantly, when Amity said that she had to do what a Blight has to do. She was confused, and at the same time concerned for her.

The expression she held when she started talking about her dream and her duty. The way she looked at the horizon and her tone showing many emotions that she couldn't comprehend.

"Hey, Luz." Luz flinched in surprise as she look up who called her.

It was Salty.

"Want me to take over? Ye look like ye have a lot of going on."

"It's okay, Salty. I can do this."

Salty shook his head.

"Not with that little head of yers. Ye need to rest. I can take over. I'll let ye navigate next time, okay?"

"Huh. Okay, Salty. See you in the morning."

She made her way down and got into her hammock.

~

Another update. Wow, that was... Not what I expected because I usually don't finish a chapter before. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter~

Byyyyyeeeeeee~!