Luz And The Crew

"Yaaarrgh! Keep yer eyes open, me mateys!" Captain Salty yelled as he walked down the main deck with his fist raised.

"Y'all never what or who we'll encounter!" He added. "Luz! How she doing, lassy?!"

"In tip-top shape, captain!" Luz saluted after she was done with her work.

"Haha! Good work. Keep it up, Luz."

He messily rubbed the top of her bandana that covered her head. As he walked away with a good laugh, Luz composed her bandana and smiled.

Ever since the successful Selkidomus rescue, Captain Salty immediately recruited Luz into his crew. Despite being the only human pirate on the ship, she was warmly welcomed by her crewmates. Though her first time as a pirate, she had a tough time doing chores— I mean pirate stuff.

Nevertheless, she made it through the hard times and trials.

"Wait. Where's the owl lady?" A little voice interrupted. "Why isn't the Owl Lady in the story?"

"Well, I don't know. It's never been mentioned here." Michaelle answered.

Michaelle was with the kids on the kids' corner in the library since Amity asked them a favor to take care of the kids while she had some things to do. They agreed and now they were reading a book that Braxas picked.

"Braxas, where did you get that book?" The blonde little girl once again questioned.

"A nice lady gave it to me after I helped her putting all her baskets in the wagon," Braxas answered as he wiggled his feet in glee.

"What kind of a story that doesn't have the Owl Lady? Let's read something else like summoning the Dark Lord!" The little girl shouted. Some agreed while some weren't sure.

"Whoa. Hold on, guys. We cannot read another one. Besides, we already agreed that everyone has their turn to pick a book each day. Since today is Braxas's turn, we'll have to finish reading this story. Understood, everyone?" Michaelle reminded.

"Yes~!/Okay~!" The children said at once.

"Okay. Now, let's continue."

"Captain! A battleship! 11 o'clock!" A crew shouted who was on the lookout.

Captain Salty ran towards the port side of the deck and used his brass telescope. While looking through, he quickly recognized it. He called Luz and Luz ran to his side.

"Take a look at this." He gave her his brass telescope letting Luz see the battleship closely.

"Don't ye recognize that ship?"

"Isn't that one of the count's fleet? What is it doing here?"

"Aye, that's the question. An unusual thing for one of his ships to be out here."

As Luz zoomed in more, she saw what seemed to be a girl. She had brown hair and was wearing a creamy white Medieval dress. The girl seemed to be in a gloomy state. What's more? It looked like she was being kidnapped.

"Captain, there is a girl on board." Luz passed back the brass telescope to the captain. "What do you think they're doing with her?"

"Shiver me timbers! That's no ordinary girl! That's one of the count's children!"

"Wait, what?! Do you mean THE count's daughter?! THE Count Blight's daughter?!"

"Aye, that's the one."

"Do you think they stole the ship and kidnapped her?"

"I don't know, Luz. The only way to find out is to BATTLE THEM OUT AND RESCUE HER! MATEYS! WE'RE GOING FOR A BUMPY RIDE! ONWARDS TO THE ENEMY SHIP!"

"AYE, AYE, CAPTAIN!" They all cheered. They steered the ship towards it at full speed, as they readied their weapons for battle.

~

I know it's short, but soon the other chapters will be longer. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

P.s. I don't the fanart. Credits to @uokrox from Instagram.

Byyyyyeeeeeeee~!