Chapter 3-Mystic Falls

“Mystic Falls? I’ve never heard of it,” Sam said, looking at me unsurely. Ever since I had told him about who I really was, Sam had seemed unsettled and tense. I didn’t blame him though because that was exactly how I felt.

“That’s why you’re still alive,” I replied. Given the fact that it was a place that attracted mostly vampires, I wasn’t surprised that the werewolves hadn’t heard about it yet. From what Sam had told me so far, I had figured that other than the body switch, there had also been time travel involved since I had come back in time.

I was pretty sure that if I went to Mystic Falls now, I would find it exactly as it had been during the beginning of Season 1 of the show, after Elena’s parents had died but before the supernatural outburst. This gave me an idea, a small amount of hope, that maybe if I went there right now I could stop things from getting too bad or maybe getting bad at all.

Apparently, though, Sam didn’t agree with me. “You’re just a human,” he said, “and once they get a hold of you, who knows what they’ll do to you!”

I on the other hand, decided to be a little more optimistic than him. I had watched the show a thousand times and had even re-watched a couple of episodes of The Originals so even though I didn’t have supernatural powers like these guys, I had something much more important-knowledge. If I used my knowledge correctly, I could give all of them what they wanted.

Driving into the tiny town of Mystic Falls felt like the biggest déjà vu of my entire life. I was driving into a town that I hadn’t known had existed until a few hours ago, but had always secretly wished that it did. I knew everything that would happen in Mystic Falls for the next 5-6 years and I was actually excited about it.

As I was jumping up and down in my seat, I suddenly pressed the brake and came to a screeching halt when I saw something or someone speeding past me. No way!

I was pretty sure that I had seen a familiar figure running past me just now and I could almost swear that it had been Klaus. But wasn’t it too early in the plot for him to even know about Elena yet? What had Klaus been doing running around in Mystic Falls?

The only reason that he would’ve been here was if he’d thought that Katherine was nearby and as far as I was concerned, although she was nowhere near the tomb, she was definitely in Mystic Falls.

As I parked the car near the Mystic Grill, hungry as hell, I wondered if Klaus would keep on visiting this town until he found who he was looking for….and what he was looking for. I suddenly remembered the moonstone plotline from a few seasons ago. Was Klaus maybe searching for that? Had Katherine reached out to him and told him that it was here somewhere?

Thinking along those lines, I knew that Klaus would stop at nothing to get that moonstone and everything that he needed in order to complete the ritual to activate his werewolf gene. With that, I also had another thought….what if I helped him with it?

I sat at the nearest table to the door and looked around awkwardly. I wasn’t usually a shy person but there was just something about living in an actual TV show that seemed sort of scary. My eyes suddenly fell on the exact person that I had been searching for. Jackpot!

“Have you perhaps seen my brother?” His voice was smooth with just the right proportion of politeness and kindness.

“Well, if you could maybe tell me how he looked…,” the bartender said, cheeks tinted with red, as she looked at the handsome man leaning towards her.

He brushed his brown hair away with a serious expression on his face, his jaw line hardening and his shoulders tensing as he looked the girl straight in her eyes. “He had blonde hair, acted like a maniac, was about this tall and was wearing bloody clothes?”

He made a gesture to show the approximate height to the girl who only shook her head in response, “No, I’m sorry.” She looked genuinely disappointed but the man even more so.

But he gave her a charming smile in response, which definitely made both the bartender and I swoon, “Thank you for your help.” He sounded sincere and I knew that he meant it.

Just as he made his way to the door, I joined him, trying to cool down my already frazzled nerves, “You should’ve tried asking me that. Hell, you would’ve had a better chance if you’d have asked my car than this bartender.”

“So you know where my brother is?” He turned around to face me and stopped walking.

I grimaced, “Yeah, had the good fortune to see him speeding past my car and almost giving me a mini heart attack.

“When and where was this,” the guy suddenly had his serious demeanour on again.

“Well, it just happened like a few minutes ago, near the entrance to Mystic Falls,” I told him sincerely and saw his eyes going near my neck. I knew what he was checking for and I also knew that he wasn’t going to find it.

“If he was speeding past your car, how did you see him and how did you know that it was him?” I saw a hint of suspicion cross his face and realised that he would eventually find out the truth. It would just be better to tell him now.

“I know what I saw because I knew what to look for,” I said with a shrug but my heart was just beating so hard that I was barely managing to hold myself together.

“What do you mean?” he asked, the last hints of warmth gone from his face.

“I know what you and your brother are….and I also know who you are and what you are both looking for,” I said in a matter-of-factly tone.

That was the last thing I remembered before Elijah wrapped a hand around my waist and unknowingly kidnapped me.