𝟷. 𝙽𝙸𝙲𝙷𝙾𝙻𝙰𝚂

Lily POV

"Wake up Lia we have school." I tried to wake up my best friend. I pull her by the arms but being me I have no muscles. I then proceed to my next plan which is to pull her blanket away.

"But I don't want to go," Dahlia groaned, moving up her blanket.

"Come on we have to get up early or there's going to be a lot of people."

We live in an apartment building in New York. Yes, we both live in an apartment together instead of with our parents and yes we both are still in high school. I work at a bakery down the street while Lia is a photographer fora well-known company.

We split the rent and the expenses which our jobs pay but if we are ever short on cash we ask our parents but we don't rely on them too much because we want to be independent. Plus, if we rely on them too much then it's going to affect us more in the future.

Our parents work as lawyers. Recognized ones actually since both won very big cases. They were on the news for a whole month because they both won crucial cases against the government. If you didn't already know they are criminal defense lawyers.

"I will make my cupcakes if you wake up," I smiled. Lia unhurriedly woke up and started to brush her teeth. I walked to the kitchen to get started making my red velvet cupcakes.

No one knows the recipe, except for me. I quickly made the batter and poured it into the cupcake pan before putting it in the oven. I set up a timer and I got myself ready for school as well.

This recipe is a family secret. My parents died fourteen years ago when I was five. Lia's dad was close with my dad so he took me in when they died and because I had no family left. I'm appreciative for them taking me in when I had no one.

I walk out of my room with hair flowing between my eyes. I tucked my hair behind my ear before hearing the timer going off.

I pulled them out of the oven and let them cool down before putting the frosting on. We have school at nine o'clock but I woke up at seven so I could have some time to make my cupcakes.

When the cupcakes were cooled, I started to put the frosting on until Lia came into the kitchen. I made her frost the cupcakes while I cleaned up.

The counters were spotlessly clean, the sink had no dish, and as I looked around the kitchen I saw that Dahlia had taken a cupcake.

"Ugh, so good. You have to make these every morning,"  Lia said while eating the cupcake that she had taken.

"Maybe if you help I will and don't talk with your mouth full," I said looking at her.

"Right, sorry, what time is it?" she asked, finishing her cupcake.

"8:40. We have enough time to catch the subway and get to school," I went to my room and changed into new clothes.

I looked through my bedroom window and saw that the sun was out and shining. Knowing that it was going to be warm for the rest of the day, I decided to wear a yellow dress. It's just something about dresses that I love wearing.

I kept my hair the same and since our high school doesn't have a dress code we're fine. However, we had a dress code before we protested not to have one.