Prologue

A long, long, long time ago, that wasn't that long ago, after all, something that people call by different names, be that fate, destiny, or coincidence, brought two strangers together.

It pushed them towards each other with every given opportunity.

It kept nudging them on the shoulder, like an old friend teasing them about their crush. It whispered to the rain to fall in the afternoon, so the two of them would be stuck at the same bus station. It pushed them towards the same places, so they would meet again and again. It told the time to slow down when their eyes met.

It sparked a love so beautiful and comfortable, that it couldn't be any more perfect.

Then as it watched these strangers slowly and willingly fall deeper and deeper into this drowning feeling called love, it pulled them apart just like it brought them together.

It told them that it wasn't the right time, the right place... It gave them a taste of what they could be and robbed them of it.

The strangers became lovers. And the lovers became strangers once again.

What once was there, was now forgotten, breaking one of them into pieces like shattered glass and erasing everything from the other. And it waited... and waited... and waited...