A Thing Called Hope

I held my pen to continue the last paper for the term but my head went blank.
Mrs Rodanim extended the time for us to write more after informing us that Trevor is sick but is currently been treated.

After the extended time,she went around to collect our sheets,congratulating us all before going out.

Tatiana and Dawn came to meet me immediately, telling me to go to the cafeteria.
"I don't have appetite". I told them. I can't have appetite after seeing someone special to me been taken way right in front of me.

"Korah,please.. You have to eat something". Dawn pleaded,her face filled with pity.

"We are definitely going to check on Trevor later". Tatiana comforts.

Taking a deep breath, I unwillingly stood and followed them. I'm glad for their efforts to make me lively so to make them happy,I ought to accept.

We ate lunch and I was forced to eat a little. Strolling back to class,I saw Evan at the balcony.
"I'll catch up with you". I said,diverting to meet him.
"Okay..be careful". Tatiana said.
I have a feeling they watched me going so I won't try something stupid.

"Evan.." I call softly, interrupting his thoughts.
He turn to his side to see me,forcing a smile. "Korah..heyy".

I rest my hand on the cold iron,trying to follow his gaze.

"Trevor was really hiding it,Korah. He wouldn't even talk about how he was feeling". Evan said, not looking at me.

I face him,hoping to hear more.

"You are aware he takes hard drugs right?". Evan glance at me and I nod slowly. I have caught him in the act once.

"I noticed it was beginning to have effect on him and I told him to get treated but he just kept ignoring me". Evan sounds angry and hurt at the same time.

"He's going to be alright, Evan". I said,trying not to tear up.

He press his lips,his hands locked to themselves. "He loves you,Korah".

My fighting was in vain as the tears came down my face.

"If I was to compare,even more than I do". He added and I sob quietly. Thankfully, my hair covered my face.

"If..umm..how .or when...did he start taking it?". I ask,my words breaking.

"Since he was like..15?".

My face drops and I close my eyes, trying to feel how it must have been for him.
"I'll tell you how he's doing or..you I can pick you up so we'd go together".

"Okay.." I said in a low voice, nodding to both of his requests.

***
Tatiana told her driver to take me home first. She encouraged me to take card and Trevor is going to be alright before leaving. I smile,the fact that she cares so much about me light me up a Little.

Trevor and I haven't spent enough time together but the little time spent is treasured somewhere in me. I would literally smile out of the blue when I remember something about us.

I pull my phone from bag,resting my back on the chair by the side of my bed. I stood straight when I saw a message from Trevor.

Trevor; My wish is for you to be happy,Korah. I hope I say this to your face but if I can't, I love you.

My heart melt at the message in front of me, also making me teary again. He talked like he knows he is leaving. Exactly an hour before he was taken to the hospital.

Lying down on my bed,I waited for Evan's call to tell me what truly happened but he didn't, starting to make me scared.

Tatiana and Dawn messaged me continually to ask how I'm doing,saying we will go and see him the minute we're allowed to.

I want to see him right now...

Why is it exactly the time Trevor promised to stop that this can up?.

I spoke to Bernard on the phone and narrated all that happened.

Apart from the fact that Trevor takes drugs.

He also promised me that he's going to be okay,saying he'll come over with some vanilla ice cream just to lighten my heavy mind...