Pitch Perfect

Attending Bingham for almost two weeks now and I must say,its worth the opportunity. I no longer have to ask directions from shitty people.
Its Wednesday which is sport day in school. Our sport outfit is a combo of white short and a pair of round neck constituting of four colours pending on house colour. Mine is pitch with the name 'BINGHAM' written boldly in front.
We are also given another pair which is a track and hoodie,probably in case of cold.
“I have your test results right here”.  Our homeroom teacher announced,her face forming a small smile.
“Distribute this to the class”. She handed over the sheets to a  boy sitting in front.

Several names were called,helping me know the names of everyone in my class.
“Thanks”. I smiled,taking my sheet from him.
I already know where I stand so...
“Some of you guys performed really well,I'm proud”. Mrs Rodanim commented,looking at us with bliss.
I scored first place.

I hundred percent know where I stand.

“Keep it up Korah”. Mrs Rodanim said before going out.
My smile expanded.
“What did you score Trevor”. I heard Dawn asked,trying to peep into his paper.
I intentionally tuck my hair behind my ear to hear his reply.

“Just give me”. She took the paper by force since Trevor refused to answer. “Second?”. Her eyes popping out as she giggles loudly. “This is the first you came second”.
I smirk,tucking my first position result sheet into my bag. I have to keep my stay here at Bingham by all means.

“That means...Korah ”. Dawn turned to me. “That means Korah came first? You should buckle up Trevor”. I heard her whisper.
Trevor remained quiet as he didn't seem to care. Me neither.

“What was your score?”. Tatiana came close to ask.
“First!”. I replied quickly, making sure at least Dawn hear me.

“Woah..you are really good Korah. No one has ever beaten Trevor”. She said with confidence.
I shrugged. “I came. I saw. I conquered”.
Tatiana giggled,standing akimbo. “You'd definitely get attention from all teachers”.

“Which is something I'm perfectly good with”. I line in,feeling refreshed and boastful. Trevor or whatever,needs to know the game changer is here.

“Come on,its sports time”. She told me,helping me get my books into my desk. “We have to change to our sports wear now”. Tatiana sang.
The others hurried out of the class like they were been kidnapped.

“How do you do it”. Tatiana asked as we strolled to our locker close to the pool.  “Coming out first without struggling”.

I took a deep breath. “Well...I don't really have to struggle. Its natural”.

She nod in belief. “I can see why you were given a scholarship. You are different in your way”.
“I thank God for that”.

I just couldn't stop smiling at my result. I know its something small but Its also something I aimed for and worked towards literally.

Entering the girls changing room,I could see that's where. most girls gossip about each other and seventy percent about guys.

“Your pitch sports wear really suit you”. Tatiana said after I put on my clothes. Hers is turquoise which made us match perfectly. Plus Evan is also in turquoise, his broad body stature sure makes girls worship the fact that he's in their house.

“Thanks,you too. Turquoise goes well with your skin tone”. I responded. Her colour is also nice and cool. “Let's go”.

Me and Tatiana has gotten really close. We eventually do everything together and I've gotten to know more about her. I even told her about Bernard who she would be glad to meet.