Any Chance Given

Trevor

***

I fling my bag to the bed and tried to catch my breath. I've been having difficulty in breathing and it seems to get worse everyday.

"Trevor". My brother knocks on my room door. I adjust myself before letting him in.
"Trevor, what's going on?". Evan asks,his face all serious.

"Nothing.. What do you mean?". I laugh it off,picking some clothes from my wardrobe.

"You and I know what happened at school today isn't you choking or the food been spicy,whatever you said. The food wasn't even spicy". Evan said,looking directly at me.

"Evan,things like that happens and it's completely natural". I argue,not turning to look at him.

"Do you still take it?". He asks, walking towards my window.
I pause to take a glance. "No".
"Trevor,don't fucking lie to me". Evan yells,his eyes widens.

"I haven't taken it in like two weeks Evan". I pour out. I hate the fact that I am an addict.
My brother takes a deep breath. "I'm worried about you".

"It's just..I find it hard to breath well,at times". I revealed, seating on my bed with my face buried in my hands.
Evan came closer. "We..we can take care of that..right?".

I shake my head slowly. "I don't think so".
"We'll find a way,you'll be okay". Evan comforted.

"Right now,I just want to spend time with people I love". I smile.
"Did you tell Korah how you feel about her?".

"Yes,I did. Evan if anything happens to me,promise me you'll take care of her".

Evan arch his brow in a frown. "If anything happens to you? Why are you talking like that. Nothing's going to happen to you".

I sigh. "I'm just saying...I love Korah".
"Then stop saying shitty things and go to her". Evan exclaims.
I nod,staring at the ceiling. I want to spend time with her for as much as I can".

"Yeah..after treating her badly". Evan smirks.

"You see..I had to make a deal about been with her". I run my hand through my hair.

"A deal?".

***
Korah

I got home with smiles on my face. I could walk to anywhere without feeling tired.
"Korah,take the children's clothes to the washing machine". Ma Diane said to me who's dancing around the house.
"Okay..". I drag, waving my hands over my head like a ballerina.

I brought out the dirty clothes from a huge bag and line them up for washing. My uniform appears to be inside too.
I tuck some clothes in,added soap and switched it on. Tapping the machine as my thought runs viral.

My eyes opened wide when I remember I kept the flash drive Trevor gave me in my pocket.
I quickly switch off the machine to check my skirt. I brought it out, still drenched and saw the drive wet.

Cleaning in with my cloth,I went in to check in on my laptop.
"Argh". I clinch my teeth as it refuses to come on.
"What's wrong,Korah". Stephanie asked.

"My laptop..it's not coming on". I frown,tapping it continually. This is a really bad time for it to be faulty.

I kept the flash drive inside my drawer till I get the laptop fixed.

My phone dings,distracting me from staring at the spoilt laptop. I brought it out to see a message from Dawn.

Dawn; Get ready! We are coming to pick you up in twenty minutes.

My face light up in a smile. Dawn knows exactly when to text me,at least taking my mind off my laptop for sometime.

I shove through my closet and brought out a pink hoodie,a black biker short and a pair of the sneakers Tatiana gifted me which is multi coloured with a one hand small bag which can be worn around my neck.

Exactly twenty minutes later,I had a horn and peep from my room window. There they were, Tatiana took one of her parent's car and Dawn, waving her Mum's credit card. I giggle softly, gesturing that I'll be down in a minute.

I have crazy friends.

I notify Ma Diane that I'll be out with my friends and she gave her everyday warning. 'Don't stay out till midnight' and my usual reply. 'Yes,Mum'.

I hop in the car and Tatiana zoom off,out to the street and into the main road.
"How on earth did you manage to get your Mum's credit card?". I ask Dawn as we made a turn to the mall.
"Trust me..we made a deal". She smirks,flattering herself.
"What did you do Dawn?". I raise my brow,taking my hair off my face.

"I just promised to score high in our upcoming exams". She says.
"We all know that's not possible with Korah here". Tatiana glance,her hands on the steering.

"Blah blah blah". Dawn rolls her eyes. "I just told her that so She'll give me".
Tatiana burst into laughter. "Just don't embarrass yourself Dawn".

Dawn ignores Tatiana,Turing to me. "So...how is it with Trevor?"
"Uh?". I ask,pretending like I didn't hear hear.
"Yeah..Korah,how is it going with you guys?". Tatiana added.

"Umm...nothing much,we've not not really hanged out". I said shortly.
Dawn twist her mouth clockwise. "I don't believe you".
"I'm serious". I told them. Besides, there's time for all that.

We went to the mall to get some clothes and Tatiana pleaded to get bikini too. We got identical fits to claim our friendship and I spotted a silver bracelet. Luckily for me,it was the last one in the store so Tatiana and Dawn couldn't get the same.

"Just know that if you can't find your bracelet,I'll be with it". Tatiana said as we walk to the car with full shopping bags.
I laugh out loudly. "I'll get yours when they have it again".

We spent quite a huge amount of money.

Another benefit of having rich friends.

"I'm so tired". Dawn yawned,resting her back the second we enter the car to drive out.
"After trying on almost all the clothes in the store. Why won't you be tired?". I asked.
"Dawn is really something else. Did you see her drooling over that male mannequin?". Tatiana starts the car.

Other chapter of laughter unfolds...