24. Pinoy in Canada

Start from the beginning

"Anong ginagawa mo?"

"Kasama po talaga sa trabaho ko ito."

"Paano mo nga pala nalaman na andun ako sa baba kanina?"

"CCTV po"

"Hindi ka ba na-jetlag?"

"Sa trabaho po namin, di pwedeng antukin"

"Kelan ka nagpapahinga?"

"Kapag nagpapahinga din po kayo. Ginising ako nung isa sa mga pang-gabing security at sinabing lumabas ka nga raw ng kwarto mo"

Maia nervously looked around the room.

"Ah, wala pong CCTV dito sa loob ng kwarto" Jules assured Maia. "Sige po, matulog na po kayo at iilang oras nalang, magliliwanag na."

"Ay!"

"Wag na po kayong mag-alala. Wala naman pong naka-schedule para sa araw na ito except yung surgery ni Señor Rick. Pinapostpone ni Señora yung dinner kasama si Sir Dino sa ibang araw. Baka po pumunta nalang sina Sir Dino dito mamaya."

Feeling better after her warm bath, sleepiness was now washing over Maia. She nodded and smiled at Jules and was soon fast asleep. Jules just quietly went out of the bedroom.

---

Mommy Rose spent the day taking care of Daddy Rick so Maia and Chuck were free to rest and adjust more to their 'new' environment. Daddy's procedure went well and he was released from hospital later in the afternoon.

Dawn was just breaking when Maia decided to explore the sprawling Faulkerson residence. Like before, Jules met Maia by the foot of the stairs as she came down from the room.

"Good morning po. May request po ba kayong breakfast?" Jules asked.

Maia shook her head. "Di pa ako gutom, salamat. Maglilibot lang ako sa garden. Tulog pa naman ata si Chuck e"

"Okay po"

As the sun quietly rose and gently filtered through the trees, Maia heard several staff greet Mommy Rose a good morning. She courteously nodded and greeted them as she stepped out of the main house and walked across the patio followed by some maids carrying some trays. When the helpers saw her, they nodded and greeted her. "Lady Rose invites you inside..." Becky, one of the maids, says while nodding toward the little cottage, which Mommy Rose entered.

Ever since Maia learned about Chuck's real status, Chuck told her that each member of the family had a team or staff who would follow them around. She, herself, was still getting used to having Jules constantly follow her around. Just before they left Manila, Chuck introduced a driver/bodyguard and assistant/helper to Maia's parents. Chuck also interviewed several other people who would be their own household staff when they returned to Manila.