Part ~ 19

------------------------------
1 year later.
------------------------------

Abir flipped the door of his room and walked in drinking water as he had just returned from the jogging. He kept his bottle on the table without making any noise and directly walked towards his bed and saw his two little babies sleeping peacefully with a soft snoring sound. Misha stirred in her sleep and turned to sleep flat on her stomach , wrapping her right arm around her little brother who involuntarily held her thumb in his tiny hands. They both were surrounded with pillows so that when they roll they both won't end up getting hurt , falling from the bed. Abir bend down a little and softly caressed his head and kissed his forehead with the pinch of water in his eyes. He was indeed the replica of his Mishti he declared. He leaned little more and kissed the forehead of his little girl. He then , covered both of them properly with the blanket and made his way towards the attic.

Reaching up the stairs , his eyes fell on their wedding picture , where they both were looking at eachother smiling happily. He picked it up and slowly ran his fingers on it and then , closing his eyes he placed a kiss where Mishti was standing. He then , placed the frame where it was earlier and removed his diary from the shelf. Flipping through it for few seconds , he found a letter which had made him walk up. He slowly straightened it and started reading.

Ajeeb Rajvansh ! He could actually here her chirpy voice in the back of his head.

Wait. He slowly chuckled through his moist eyes sensing her frown looking at him.

Why are you shedding those precious pearls ajeeb rajvansh , you know right your angry chorni isn't there to collect them? And if you keep on crying like this then , you won't be able to read my letter with those glossy eyes of yours , so first off all stop crying , please. He slowly wiped off the tears with the back of his hand.

Okay , no more tears. He muttered and tried to smile but , still a string of tears trickled down from his eyes.

I have no idea , how are you feeling now , while reading this. Her slow and hesitant voice echoed in the back of his head.

I know I am no more if you are reading this but nothing was in my nor your control right ? It was , maybe in my destiny that I wasn't even able to take care of our baby but , but I know you will pour all the love you have on our baby that our baby won't miss me right ?

It's really a weird thing to write a letter on my own death after all I'm Mrs. Ajeeb , toh thodi bahot ajeebness toh banti hai na ? A small smile made its way as her playfull face flashed infront of his eyes.

On serious note , I had to do this because I know you very well. You'll keep on blaming yourself for whatever happened. But don't forget that it was me who imposed my decision on you of our baby. And neither you nor our baby is at the fault , of me not being there with you now. Understood ? He quickly nodded understanding her words and gulped down the lump which formed at the back of his throat , watching her stern face and index finger pointing at him.

Tumhe toh pata hai , how broken I was when I got to know the truth , that I wasn't able to conceive but god had planned something different in our case. He first gave us all the sorrows and then made sure to compensate for it. But in case of you , he was little late , wasn't he ?

Because when your father left you , you distant yourself from maa and maa cared less about it , thinking you needed some time to digest that fact , which resulted in you being all alone. But in my case , I was blessed with the parents like bade papa and badi maa as I was his favorite you see. She grinned making him shook his head smiling to himself.