Part ~ 18

" Finally ! " Mishti exclaimed as she caught hold of Abir's diary , which he had hide actually tried to hide it from her.

The other day when she read it , she pretended she hadn't but Abir was kinda suspicious about it so he had hide it. Unaware of the fact that Mishti had seen him hiding it. She had always been looking for an opportunity to read it atleast before leaving the world as per her.

Today , when Misha was hell bend to take them to park Mishti made an excuse saying she won't be able to join them as she would get tired and Misha being innocent , quickly agreed to her though Abir wasn't convince with her at first but later she was able to send them out.

She carefully sat on the bed and opened the hard cover of his diary revealing the very first page of it. Which had " Pata hai Mishti ? " written in bold letters on very first page , which last time she didn't notice in the hurry. She gasped at the words as she caressed them.

This was her mean to speak her heart out because she never knew whom to share her stuff with , until she met her Ajeeb Rajvansh , who became her human diary. The only person with whom , without any hesitation she could freely share her stuff with and he would listen to it keenly before giving her suggestions whenever she needed.

And now , seeing that he used to talk to her with this mean pained her heart , that's when she realised it was scribbled right after their breakup. She let out a bitter chuckle , fighting back her tears , remembering those days. Abir started writing his thoughts on a diary but not his usual shayari and poems but addressed to her. Exhaling deeply , she flipped the page.

" I just wished ki , tum mujhe kabhi dhu'nd hi nahi pati. Shayad mai uss car accident mein mar jata. As your weren't aware about your feelings for me , then. Atleast you might have been the same chirping Mishti , you would've never been left heart broken as you are now. "

She gasped at his words. Her clutched on the diary tightened as she felt heat crawling through her veins and her heart burning with rage. As the flashes of that incident played in the back of her mind on repeat. She very well knew if Abir was right infront of her she would have reddened his cheek for thinking this horrible.

" I'm not as strong as you Angry Chorni , I'm a coward. l'm a coward , Mishti. As much as I wanted to stop you that day at airport when you were leaving for London , engulf you tight in my arms and let you know whatever I said I didn't mean any. But , I couldn't. I couldn't fight for you , I couldn't fight for me and most importantly I couldn't fight for us. I just couldn't. "

" Tumhe pata hai , jab , you jumped for that painting in fire , just because it was important for me I was overwhelmed. Though I could actually clear cut see through my feelings that had developed for you I was more happy that day because you just being my friend did all that for me. Which no one till date had done for me , forget about sacrificing their lives for me. No one has ever prioritising me at once all they did was took me for granted. "

" Jisse bhi mai pyaar karta hu'h woh yaa toh mujhe chod kar chala jata hai yaa mujhe manipulate karta hai. Mai kya sochu ? "

She heard his voice in the back of her head. And the water that had just moistened her eyes was now freely flowing down. She pressed her lips inward to stop her sobs.

" Initially you always kept on ranting how Ajeeb I am as I didn't own a phone. But I never felt a need of it as I would wander around and people of this house were okay with that fact. They never tried to reach me. If they had , I would have gladly carried a phone with me. But , the day I realised you would need your Ajeeb friend and Nanu put into my head that I should own a phone I did it. I did it for you. I bought a phone for myself so that you could reach me. And you always did reach me. You were the only one who would always be bothered about me and I didn't wanted to make you worry more. "