HTSCF CH 010 Tell me what you really want.

Start from the beginning

An hour later, the zombie tide was pretty much resolved, though there were a few stragglers left. Most of the ability users were exhausted but persevered until the end. Eli had returned to the watchtower at some point, feeling rather bored.

"Should we go?" He asked.

"Let's stay until it's completely resolved," Jun said.

"Whatever you want, baby."

Azel just hemmed in agreement. Eventually, all was settled and it was nearing midnight. Jun was just an hour away from completing his mission and was standing atop the watchtower with pride. What he had believed to be a pretty hard world turned out to not be so bad. Life was easy in the apocalypse when you had an indestructible shield.

"Ouch!" Jun smacked the back of his neck when he felt a bug bite. With his hand in front of him, he saw an abnormally large mosquito and flapped his hand to try and get rid of its dead carcass.

|Host!!!|

|What?|

His vision swirled and he felt nauseous, his head throbbing with piercing pain. As his consciousness was slipping, he remembered something.

'Shit. Weren't zombie insects supposed to show up half a year later?'

|System, how much time...|

"Jun!"

The last thing he heard was the voices of Azel and Eli calling his name, and when he opened his eyes again, Jun found himself back in Limbo. He looked around for that odd-looking furball and couldn't find it. "System?"

"Yes, Host?" System 00 appeared right in front of Jun's face, startling him.

"... Did I fail?"

System 00 hopped up and down in an excited manner. "No, you completed your mission, though just barely."

"Just barely?"

"You survived until just a minute past the deadline."

A minute? Jun was certain he still had an hour left before the deadline when he was bit by the zombie mosquito. How did he last until then? "You mean I was 19 for just a minute?"

"A 19-year-old zombie, to be exact."

Jun sighed in relief. "That's not too bad."

"Since you've completed a mission, you've retrieved a memory fragment from that world just now and can view it any time while in this space. Just let me know."

"Give me a moment. My death was so sudden..."

"You're also allowed to know what happened after you died. Though I can't show you what happened, I can let you read the world's updated plot. Would you like to read?"

"Yeah, I'm curious."

After Jun died, Silver Base was made aware of the next major issue, the zombie insects. With the help of the female protagonist, they were able to install special insect shields covering the base. At some point, she found out about Oriana's old crush on her and began to avoid her. The female protagonist and her harem lived through the apocalypse until they were old, and she was even able to have some children.

Though no cure was ever developed, humanity stayed strong, and near the end, they were able to overturn their situation. As for the zombie emperor Eli Rygg and Azel Barton, having had to personally end the zombified Jun, they were never seen nor heard of ever again.

"Hmm."

"What's on your mind, dearest Host?"

"There's not much."