Sorrow Pt. 4 || A New Beginning (The End)

Previously~

"So that's it? We just..." Alya said.

"Make another wish.." Nino added.

"And exchange Gabriel for Adrien..." Chloe finished.

"Yes. Do it. Now. Please. I could never look at Adrien the same way again if I lived to see him," Gabriel responded.

"Very well," Marinette said. She nervously put on the jewels, stared into Plagg and Tikki's eyes, and whispered the final words, "Tikki. Plagg. unify..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Whoaaaaaa..." Everyone was awed as Marinette transformed. The tips of her hair turned purple, and she had a silky, purple dress with gold swirl designs. The outfit was simple, yet elegant. 

"I-I wish f-for Adrien Agreste to come back to life in exchange for Gabriel Agreste," Marinette uttered the words out terrified for what was to come. Life was breathed back into Adrien and he looked at his mother, then his father. Then Marinette and her friends.

"M-mother? Father?..." Adrien walked over to his mother and hugged her briefly before kneeling down over his father.

"I... I'm sorry Adrien. Your father asked for it... and Marinette made the wish," Emelie kneeled next to her son.

"Father made the wish and I died... but after realizing what happened he..." Adrien didn't finish.

"Yeah. I'm so sorry Adrien... I- I- wish there was something we could do..." Nino uttered while the rest of Adrien's friends murmured in agreement. 

Marinette detransformed and rested her hand on Adrien's shoulder, "Are you- okay though?"

"I would like to say so but the reality is that I'm not! I'm just so confused... Mom, why did you disappear anyway? How did you and father find the miraculous?!" Adrien said.

"If you must know... It started on an overseas trip when we stumbled across a moth and peacock brooch along with an ancient seeming book in the mountains of Tibet. Your father asked the finest jewelers in Paris what they were made of, or what they were, but none could come up with an answer. One day We tried the brooches on, and out came Duusu & Nooroo. We learned as much as we could about the miraculous and started using them just for fun around the house. Remember our old servant Abby when you were younger Adrien? She was a sentibeing (AN: The Miraculous was not being used for bad so it's not a "Monster" Really). I got so used to creating them until it was too late. I realized the Peacock miraculous was cracked! And its wounds were becoming my own. I fell into a magical coma on life support in your father's lair, but little did Gabriel know that I heard him. He spoke about his schemes, and I was disgusted. Disgusted he chose to terrorize people to bring me back instead of caring for his son that was hurting as much as he. When I was healthy I told him about the wish, and I told him about the consequences. However, I guess he forgot, and this is what has come out of it," Emily cried, still mourning her losses and the insane situation her family had just endured.

"That- I- wow..." Adrien stuttered.

"So is this just it now? Is Adrien living with his Mom, and his dad is... gone?" Chloe said quietly.

"I don't know man... Are you ready to start this new chapter of your life dude?" Nino said sadly. 

"I think I need more time to figure my life out, but I'm ready to accept these changes," Adrien affirmed himself, "And definitely with Marinette," Adrien gave his first little smile of the depressing event.

"Well I think we should take care of that before anything," Alya slightly smiled and gestured to a seething Lila and a confused Luka and Kagami

(No One's POV) 

The Five heroes and a mysterious mother walked in the sunset ready to tackle every challenge and roadblock that would come near them, for it was only the beginning of their story.

Word Count: 628

Well, that closes the story of our favorite lovebirds after 1 yr of no uploads... (hey at least I didn't discontinue!) I hope you enjoyed my first attempt at a Mircatulous fanfic. 

-Spotted_Cat