Ch 17: Getting Back to Normal

Start from the beginning

Y/N: "Can you stop being lovey-dovey for 5 minutes?"

Yang: "Nope!" I giggled a little. "You're just too cute! I can't get enough of you red face and ears perking up." He rolled his eyes.

Y/N: "Let's just go train. At least then I can keep up with you." We went out to train in the backyard. He kicked my butt again. He learned pretty quickly how to incorporate the gauntlet into his fighting style. 

Yang: "How are you so good? I just can't land a hit."

Y/N: "That's what a decade of combat experience and a semblance that lets me counter anything most people can do."

Yang: "I still can't believe you have been through that much when you're younger than me."

Y/N: "I'm not that much younger than you."

Yang: "You might be more than you think. We don't know your exact birthday."

Y/N: "We know my rough age. I'm not that far behind you."

Yang: "Oh, are you hoping you'll be legal sooner?" I smirked as he blushed again.

Y/N: "That has nothing to do with anything!" I laughed.

Yang: "It's ok. I'm just messing with you. But... If you want..."

Y/N: "NONONONONO. Not yet. We just started this. I am not ready for that."

Yang: "Sooo, wanna go shopping?"

Y/N: "No. You can buy your own clothes. Besides your normal outfit is fine."

Yang: "Oh, you like this one? You think it looks good?"

Y/N: "T-that's not what I meant. I just don't see the need for new clothes when yours work fine."

Yang: "Like your jacket was fine?"

Y/N: "It wasn't that bad."

Yang: "I could see your abs. Or what was left of them from how long you were fighting."

Y/N: "I don't have much muscle."

Yang: "I like being at least sort of stronger than you. Means you can't escape me petting you."

Y/N: "I-I can still beat you up easily."

Yang: "Yeah, but you're too sweet for that."

Y/N: "I'm not sweet! I'm not a good person. I'm just the person Ozpin needed."

Yang: "And you did it because you wanted to help people." He opened his mouth to speak, but couldn't think of anything to say. I was right. He cared more than he wanted anyone to know. He just looked away and looked kinda sad. "You ok?"

Y/N: "I'm fine." He got up and went inside. I guess he didn't like someone calling him out like that. I sat there. He was still trying to hide his feelings behind working to save the world.

Y/N's Pov

I got inside. I didn't know why that hit me so hard.

Taiyang: "You ok kid?"

Y/N: "Yes, I'm fine. Just tired."

Taiyang: "If it's Ozpin, I understand."

Y/N: "I told you, I'm fine. I just need to get back and help."

Taiyang: "You know, I didn't hear Yang scream last night. Even as she started to recover, the nightmares never stopped. But then you showed up and she apparently slept like a rock."

Y/N: "Really? It's that bad? She seemed mostly fine to me."

Taiyang: "No. She was... Not herself for a while."

Y/N: "Well, she's back to being as crazy as ever."

Taiyang: "I'm surprised she finally asked you out. She had the biggest crush on you when she was little. Don't worry, I'm not going to be an overprotective father. You two are good together. I'm happy for both of you."

Y/N: "I just don't understand how no one is fazed by the fact that we were literally attacked. And I don't mean something small. I mean a coordinated attack."

Taiyang: "And who was it that stopped it?"

Y/N: "The students and teachers and anyone else who was brave enough to fight."

Taiyang: "Yang told me you were always acting like you were up to something during the school year. I guess Ozpin had you working for him?"

Y/N: "You know I can't tell you about that."

Taiyang: "I know. But I also know you were part of the reason that attack failed."

Y/N: "What do you mean?"

Taiyang: "I was never in Ozpin's little circle, but I know enough to know you were important to him." He gestured to the cane on my belt.

Y/N: "If I have to do it alone, I will."

Taiyang: "Yeah. I'd imagine that's why he kept you around." We heard Yang come in.

Yang: "Y/N, I'm sorry for what I said."

Y/N: "You didn't say anything."

Taiyang: "Wait, what did she say?"

Y/N: "Nothing. Everything's fine."

Yang: "Well then, let's go. I still need to get some new clothes." She kissed me again and headed back to get her bike. I looked and Tai who just smirked.

Y/N: "How did you handle her when she was younger?"

Taiyang: "You get used to her. I think."

Y/N: "What's that supposed to mean?"

Taiyang: "It means you'll be fine. She's just a handful."

No Pov

Oscar had started worrying that he was going crazy. He'd been hearing a voice constantly. And now he had left his house on a directionless trip that it told him to take. The voice said that once he got where he was going, he would find a boy a little older than him who would tell him what he needed to do.