Part 10. Actions before thought

I couldn't move.

This boy really pulled up to my house, lord.

"Why." I asked myself. "Why would he do something so... dumb?" I pondered.

Although I love him, this is far to dangerous to have him up in here like this. Way to dangerous.

"First of all baby, who are you & why are you looking for my daughter?"

Mama asked in a curious/alarming tone.

"Timothée, T-Timothée Chalamet ma'am." Timothée replied tripping over his words. He was so nervous. As he should be. What in the heavens was he thinking?!

"Ohhhh okay." Mama said with her eyebrows furrowed up in a "I'm watching your every move boy." type way.

"But you didn't answer the second part of the question baby, mama continued; "Why are you looking for my daughter? And, how do you know her for starters?"

"Uh, you know I-I umm."

Timothée, tripping over his words again, as he struggled to answer my mama's question.

"Please say you don't know me." I pleaded in my head for Timothée to magically hear my thoughts and mini-prayer.

"I'm one of her classmates ma'am we boff are seniors this upcoming school year." Timothée finally managed. "She dropped this book a couple weeks back. I never knew where she lived so I just held on to it, but I saw her walking to her house not to long ago so, I just wanted to hand it back ta her that's all."

I see mama grab the book, examine it front to back and look back up to Timothée.

"Alright son, thank you for that. I'll let her know you stopped by. But before you go, were you stalking my daughter?"

Mama asked going into "mama bear" mode once again.

"NO!" Timothée shouts in a defensive way. "I mean, no, not at all ma'am I uhhh I d-don't live to far from here ma'am j-j-just a couple blocks away and we boff walk back home from school usually and umm I've seen her take this path before when I was bike ridin' around here not to long ago so uhh yep that's how... ma'am."

"Oh Timothée" I said to myself. "You can't lie for shi-."

"Okay." Mama said believing his made up story
(by gods grace) and interrupting my mini-talk session with myself.

"Thank you for stopping by sweetie, I'll give this to her in no time." Mama continued while she slowly closed the door smiling all big & "heartfelt" after Timothée's goodbye to her.

"Gona, come down honey, mama need to talk to you right quick."

"Oh lord." I thought. "Here we go."

I skipped my way the rest of the stairs like I wasn't eavesdropping the whole conversation anyway.

"Yes mama?" I asked innocently.

"This one lil' white boy named... Timchamon came for you saying you dropped a book?" Mama said, eyebrows scrunched again with confusion.

I couldn't help but giggle at her butchering his name.

"Timothée mama, yes I remember him. I said acting gullible about his existence.

"Anyway." Mama continued, "He came here to drop it off for you."

She handed me a book that was named "Love Has no Color." just like that newspaper page he had up on his wall."

He gifted me this. What a sweetheart.

"Oh Timothée I said softly holding the book close to my heart. "You know me so well."

"What?" Mama exclaimed curious as to what in the world I was doing.

I, for a second, forgot she was there.

"Ohhh nothing mama!" I replied. "I'm just grateful he gave me back my uhh favorite book ever that's all."

"Mhmmm." Mama said with one eyebrow up while walking away to the sink.

"Imma wash these dishes baby, you go on ahead and read that book now." Mama told me.

"Will do ma!" I said while heading up the stairs with the biggest smile on my face.

I'm not a sucker for gifts but, what he did today meant a lot to me, truly.

I made my way to my bed and flopped myself on it. "I gotta go see him." I said to myself while holding on to the book like it'll slip out of my hands any second.

I'm going to sneak out at night to meet him.

I just have to.

I mean... what could go wrong?

**Hello babes, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and thank you all for 3k reads! It means the absolute world to me. Without you all, this story wouldn't be possible so with that, I thank you with all my heart.**