Chapter 27°

Chapter 27° Coward 

oOoOoOo

,,Damn-" Lia cursed under her breath, as she quickly turned around and slipped her slim body behind the stone column once again. That was close. 

She quietly counted to five in her mind before leaning forward again and looking around the corner. And luckily she hadn't counted a second less, because at this very moment Remus Lupin turned and turned his back to the corridor in which Lia was hiding. His caramel-brown hair was a bit tousled by the swing and Lia couldn't help but think how cute he looked. As she continued to look at his figure while walking, her eyes fell on his hands, which he covered at that moment by pulling the long sleeves of his dark brown knitted sweater over. A habit Amelia knew all too well of herself. She now did it subconsciously out of reflex when she felt out of place and didn't know what to do next. She covered her knuckles and clawed the soft fabric with her fingers.

However, she didn't have anymore time to think about this, at least not right now. She had to leave. And so she turned on her heel and quickly walked down the corridor in the opposite direction than Remus. Staying at the side of the way, to stay hidden in the shadows of the walls, Lia made her way towards the stairs and stepped down into the dungeons. 

She left more and more doors and paintings behind her until she was facing the Slytherin portrait hole. She quickly mumbled the password and stepped into her commonroom as soon as the picture swung aside. With quick steps she crossed the green and silver room and looked for the stairs to the girls' bedrooms. When she opened the door to the room she shared with three other girls, she quickly snuck in and closed it behind her. Sighing, she let herself fall onto the bed that was stocked with her duvet.

Since her faupat with Remus, yesterday at the courtyard, she has systematically avoided him and avoided him at all costs.

As always, she had gone very early for breakfast, so that she only shared the great hall with four other students and two teachers, none of whom sat at her table. And she preferred it that way too. She really didn't feel like being besieged early in the morning with any fuss or something like that.

Actually, Lia would have had transfiguration at McGonagall today with Remus and the other three marauders. But even if she enjoyed this class, she didn't want to be confronted with all four gryffindoor at once. She wasn't sure if or what Remus had said about their meeting yesterday or the past few weeks, so she thought it was better not to give any of them a reason to approach it, or just not give them an opportunity.

Lia skipped lunch and stayed with a couple of sandwhiches that she had fetched from the kitchen the day before, which she ate with relish and in peace in her room.

As is so often the case, she would make up for dinner alone in the kitchen when everyone else was already in their room and let the evening fade away.