Chapter 22°

Chapter 22° Smiles and Sighs

oOoOoOo

Remus stepped through the Gryffindor portrait hole, the little but constant smile still plastered on his face. He had just brought Amelia back to her common room, or let's say to the Slytherin portrait hole and went right to his own one after. But it took him quite some time to do so, as he seemed so deep in thought, that his steps were slower than usual. This must be one of the most beautiful and successful days that he has had in a very long time. All these hours with Amelia made his heart melt. She had finally opened up and confided in him a little, even if not completely. But Remus didn't care at the moment. He had learned more about Amelia in the past few hours than in the past few weeks combined. And he found himself very relaxed and understood in her presence. She seemed so closed and mysterious, but there was still so much interesting and extraordinary about it. Perhaps it was exactly this mysterious thing that interested him so much about her, but it wasn't just that. She seemed so lovely and cute, but didn't want everyone to see it. She was so different than he expected her to be in the beginning, not so rude and prejudiced as he expected a Slytherin to be. And there was a lot more to know about her, Remus was sure of that. But he would approach that with slow and careful steps so as not to scare her, now that she finally opened a little to him.

Making his way into the lions cave, he was greeted by red and gold decorations and a warm, homely feeling spread more and more in his body. A look at the couch, the armchair and the small table in the room immediately revealed the point of view of his friends. Peter and Sirius sat on the sofa and played what looked like an exploding snap, while James sat daydreaming in the armchair, his knees crossed. But they seemed to have heard the portrait when it opened, because their eyes were only on Remus. And the dreamy smile on his lips never escaped any of these haunted glances. Even in the silence everyone knew how to interpret this smile and recognize its meaning, they just knew their friend too well for that. The trip went well.

,,Hey." Remus greeted the boys, as he let himself fall onto the sofa, right beside Sirius. He let out a content and satisfied sigh, as he turned to face his friends who were already staring at him.

,,What?" he asked, as none of them seemed to be going to say something or explain their intriguing looks, the smile still not leaving his face.

Peter copied the smile, as he saw the happiness on Remus' face. ,,So the date went well?"

,,Wha- I told you it wasn't a date." Remus denied quickly, not wanting his friends to get any wrong ideas. ,,But you are right. It went really good."

Peter eyed his friends suspiciously but with a smile on his face, he held his hands up in surrender. ,,Whatever you say. I'm glad you two had fun."

,,Okay, cut the bullshit-" Sirius interrupted, grinning at his friend. As cute as this I'm-happy-for-you shit is, there were way more important things. ,,What happened? I want to know everything."