Just Making Sure You Remembered

POSSIBLE MANGA SPOILER WARNING WARNING MAYDAY MAYDAY ABORT ABORT (Nothing big just explaining the thingy with Akashi's eyes)

There is more than one way to be strong
~ Kuroko Tetsuya
-------
"My eye.. Why?" I bring my trembling finger up my to left eye. Why is it.. A different color? I looked up at the doctor expectantly. "I don't know. I haven't seen anything like it. Having an eye color change in an instant it's almost like out of a drama.." The doctors words fade out as if he's walking away from me with his back turned. That's when I realize it. I have seen this before. "It's just like Akashi-kun..." "Hmm? Did you say something, Kuroko?" I shake my head no, my mind reels as I remember that moment.

Murasakibara-kun had just challenged Akashi-kun to a one-on-one. Akashi-kun never loses but.. Murasakibara-kun is winning. I search Akashi-kun's face for any trace of emotion. Disbelief, astonishment and hatred shroud his red eyes. "Akashi-kun..." That was the moment he snapped. His aura changed. He seemed.. Darker somehow. He looked up at me. His eyes.. They've changed. Not just in emotion but in color. His right eye is golden. "Who.. Are you?" Akashi-kun smiles eerily at me. "I am Akashi Seijuro, of course."

Is that what happened to me? Did I snap? Why..? Why is this happening? "Can my friends come back in now?" He nods and walks over to the door. "You may come back in to see Kuroko but.. Brace yourself." How will they react? Monoi-San had seen this with Akashi-kun but.. "Oh my god.. Your eye!" I look up to see Momoi-San holding back tears again. "It's just like with Akashi-kun. Why?! Why you?!" I rub her head softy. "I'm okay, Momoi-San." She violently shook her head. "No! After this happened with Akashi-kun he changed for the worse! I won't let it happen to you!"

"You can go home now, Kuroko." I nod slightly as the doctor leaves the room. Will i change? Will this change me? I groggily slid out of bed and walk towards the window. "Is this how you felt, Akashi-kun?" "Well, close to it I guess." A soft smile tugs at the corner of my lips and I glance back over my shoulder. "Hello, Tetsuya." I stare at him with no emotion. "Hello." He slowly walks over to the window I was standing by. "Do you remember our promise?" I scoff. "Yes. It's a simple promise, really. I'd have to be an idiot to forget." He smiles and turns to me.

"It's beautiful." I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "Hmm?" Akashi-kun smiles. "Your eye, bakagami. It's beautiful. I think it suits you well." I lean back against the glass and look at the wall across from me. "Oh? It may take some getting used to but I think I like it." He turns to walk away, "I just wanted to make sure you remembered." I smile and rush to his side. "I'll walk with you."