Chapter 12 - Happy Birthday

Rays' POV

It have been two years. Edward was with me all the time, he is scared something might happen to me. He didn't even go to meet his family for me. I felt guilty about it. While on the other hand, Nox has been going back and forth to meet Leah.

We found employees for the sanctuary, which is why we can focus more on finding out what happened to us.

We still found nothing. No clue as to why we had that incident. We looked at magic history books. History of witch families. We asked the covens in New Orleans, since that was where Niky found us. But nothing. No clue.

All of the Mikaelsons, and Edward, helped us to find clues. But it was all in vein. All efforts for nothing. At this point, we both were very frustrated. But we didn't show it to anyone. My brother's life was at line here. And so was mine. But I wanted my brother to be safe more than anything. I am willing to do anything at this point to save him. But I am worried about Edward too. What would I do if I were to separated from my love? What will Edward do if something happens to me?

I that he has his family to take care of him and my family will take care of him too.

And, the thing that added to all this frustration was that incident occuring time and time again. It happens six times a year. But our tolerance level was increasing as the incidents occured. Everytime the incidents happened, we would go to the basment and lock ourselves in the room. It was a big room for us. We put a spell in the room to block any spell that would harm our loved ones. No one was allowed in the room until we came out ourselves. We would be out for 1 day every time it happened. Me and Nox decided to call these, "Incidents" as Power Outbursts.

We were extremely worried about our lives, family, and our lovers. What's worse is that there is a some sort of a tattoo near my left shoulder. It was a Sun with shining golden ink. Nox got one too. On the same spot. His was a Moon and Star with shining royal blue ink. These tattoos glow when we cast spells or when that Power Outbursts occur.

We didnt tell anyone about this. We didn't want to make them more worried than they already are.

But there was one thing that we were sure of. If we die, we will come back. As, we will trigger the vampire gene in us.

Today is our 22nd birthday. The day everyone in the family celebrated with tons of joy and happiness. Today is the day, Niky wakes Koki up to celebrate. We all know Koki loves us deep down. We love him too.

*Knock knock*

"Little Brats! I am back!" Koki said walking in with Niky.

"Happy birthday you two!" Niky said hugging us.

"Thank you!" We both said, with a huge smile.

"Happy birthday, Brats! I know you guys love me! So come on. Come to me for a hug. I know you both want it~" Kol said opening up his arms for us. We ran to him and hugged him.

"Thank you, Koki!" Nox said.

"Yea thanks, Koki!" I said.

"I still can't believe you both dating Edward and Leah. You both made the famous, Niklaus Mikaelson, agree to it. You both are sure something." Koki said.

"So how is it going, Lil'brats?" Kol asked, knowing about our incidents.

"We are both ok." I told him.

"I see. How old is this boy again?"

"I am 17. I have been 17 for 100 years now."

"I see... They trusted you with our precious little Ray? Unbelievable!"Kol said acting all dramatic.