Chapter Twenty Six

Mizuki gawked around him with wide eyes

Mizuki gawked around him with wide eyes. Yarisha wasn't what he expected at all. Whenever Eren described it he would imagine a somber, terrifying and demonic place. He figured that because Eren's memories with the place were so horrifying that he had made this terrible image of Yarisha in his head.

But he wasn't completely right.

Yarisha had a beautiful landscape. The trees were standing tall under the bright light of the sun and the leaves were a beautiful coral colour and when Mizuki got a closer look he realized that they were Erythrina trees.

But the deeper they went in, Mizuki started seeing the truth in Eren's words. The women he walked by were always walking with their heads down. When Mizuki's eyes crossed with another pair of eyes that belonged to a young girl she had looked panicked, fearful before she scurried off.

"Come on, we should find where the fight is being held." Emilio said in a hushed tone to Mizuki and he nodded.

As they continued to walk they started listening in on conversations in hope that someone would mention the battle between the princes of the country.

"Mervin!" A young boy called out as he ran to who Mizuki presumed was his older brother.

"Can I please come watch the fight with you?" The words that left his mouth stopped both Mizuki and Emilio in their tracks.

"You know mom said she doesn't want you to see it." The older boy said, making the younger one pout.

"But please! I need to see this." He begged, making Mervin sigh in defeat.

"Fine, come on." He motioned for him to follow him and when they started walking Mizuki and Emilio also discreetly followed them all while continuing to listen to their conversation.

"Who do you think will win?" The little boy asked.

"Prince Aslan, duh." Mervin answered, causing a deep frown to appear on Mizuki's face.

"Why?"

"We all know Prince Aslan is so much stronger than Prince Eren. I heard that every time they would spare Prince Aslan would easily win. I even heard that once Prince Aslan had badly injured Prince Eren while they were training with their father." Mervin explained.

Mizuki's stomach churned with anxiety the more the boy talked. What if he was right? What if Aslan actually wins this? What if.. what if he kills Eren?

No!

"But Prince Eren is nice." The younger boy mumbled, brining Mizuki out of his thoughts.

"What do you mean, Benji?" Mervin asked.

"One time, I was playing tag with Mika and then he pushed me instead of touching my shoulder and I fell! He got scared because he thought you were going to come and yell at him and he ran away even if I was bleeding from the knee.