Chapter Two

The middle ground was not what Mizuki had expected

He thought there would be soldiers all over the land, shooting and killing each other but surprisingly it was quite hard to find the enemy. The middle ground was very very large and he remembered his father telling him that the warriors of Yarisha would be spread over a little everywhere.

However, Mizuki did stumble upon a soldier of Yarisha.

He was on his horse, scouting the area for anyone when he heard grunts and groans and then there was a gunshot that rang through the forest. He waited a few moments before he started to move towards that direction. He stopped when he saw a body on the ground, in a pool of their own blood and he swallowed.

He carefully got down from his horse and when he moved closer he identified the man as a soldier from Yarisha.

He had been shot in the head by Mizuki,  presumed one of his own soldiers.

The sight did startle Mizuki but it wasn't the first time he came upon a dead body so he didn't completely lose it. He did feel a tinge of sympathy as he stared at the man, laying on the grass with his eyes still wide open.

Mizuki, despite knowing that the man was an enemy and that he had probably killed many people of Rivania, carefully picked up his body and moved it to an empty and small cave. He raised his hand and gently shut his eyes before getting back up and out of the cave. He did not want the man to be in the middle of nowhere as many other soldiers would have probably trampled on his body sooner or later.

He climbed back on Nico and they trotted away.

It had been three days since he's been out here and he has yet to engage in a fight. Mizuki had thought that his soldiers would stay in groups but according to his father it was better to spread out just as the warriors of Yarisha were doing so they could cover the whole land.

He knew that there were some of his comrades not far away from him and if needed he could easily find one.

Fifteen minutes later, Mizuki once again heard grunts and he could clearly hear a fight going on. This time he did not wait for a gunshot to go off and he started to move towards the sounds.

His eyes widened when he saw Joslyn, a young warrior that he actually had trained with countless times being held down by a man twice her size. He immediately got off his horse and quietly walked towards them.

He saw the man get his knife out but before he could hurt Joslyn, Mizuki took out his own dagger and grabbed the man by the neck and then he slit open his neck as blood splattered around them, mostly onto Joslyn's body.

When the man almost collapsed on Joslyn she pushed him back and he fell with a thud next to her and she got up, dusting her clothes off.

"Thank you, prince Mizuki." She told him with a bow of her head and he nodded at her.