ch81

81. A New Beginning

Everyone was happily chattering away on the forums. It was as if they had all forgotten it was the first day the updated Guild Wars would be held.

The event had now gone through a major patch. The largest change was to the players' damage. It wouldn't be limited to just the enemy units now. It would follow the usual rules. That meant when a huge skill was casted, everyone within range would be hurt. This also meant players must have great teamwork and bond with their own parties.

Another eye-catching update to the game were the four new monster maps. Every day, a new type of monster would be randomly spawned on them. That meant today's mobs might all be Animal types. The next, Undead. The day after, Human...All monsters spawned were above Level 90, and there's a chance a Boss mob might spawn.

These maps were great, but they were located under the four maps used for Guild Wars. It meant it was harder to enter these maps. A player's guild needed to be the master of one of the five fortresses above the underground monster map for them to enter.

That's because the map's entrances were located in the fortresses, guarded by an NPC that'll only let in members of the fortress's guild. That meant the underground maps would be the conquering guild's personal training grounds.

There was also another update to the fortresses, just for the Guild Leaders. Each fortress now had a special room called the Lord Mayor's Office. The focus of this room was the large treasure chest held within. It can be opened for all sorts of treasures and new items will appear every day at midnight.

However, its items won't accumulate if left inside. If the Guild Leader didn't log in and open it that day, they would've missed out on that day's treasures. In consideration for Guild Leaders who might not be able to log in every single day, the Lord Mayor's Office can be opened up to other players if so desired.

There were a few more minor notes to the patch, like how the "Build City Order" item won't be released just yet. Overall, quite a lot had changed but everyone, particularly the powerful guilds, were itching to try out the new maps and treasure chests.

The Heretic Demons' flight network didn't need to be tweaked so XiaoYu didn't bother reading up on the above updates. He went on with life as usual. Head in early to his post. Have his dinner. Play with his cat. All around him, his guildmates would pretend to glance in his direction.

They wanted to see for themselves just what kind of magic the personal healer to their Guild Healer had to have made their Chief run over to protect XiaoYu himself. While there were some jealous people, at least none of them were dumb enough to start causing trouble.

Tonight's battle would be a messy one. Initially, none of the players had to worry about harming their own teammates. Now, before any skills were let loose, they had to keep an eye on the icons above everyone's heads and confirm if the players within range were part of their own alliances or not.

It caused great headaches to the many who had gotten use to just throwing out spells and skills as they pleased. If they accidentally killed any of their own teammates, they had to make sure to apologise in the appropriate chat channels too.

Thankfully, all subsidiaries of the Heretic Demons use the same logo as the main guild. All leaders had been emphasising on the importance of team formations and working with each other when using skills.