ch47

47. Rejection

The next day, XiaoYu who had no party to grind with was back at the lowest levels of the Jiangshi Cave alone, grinding. The monsters with ranged attacks were the most troublesome. While his necklace increased his poison resistance, that didn't mean he couldn't get poisoned. It just lowered the unsavoury effects of being poisoned.

24 hours after increasing others' strength came the 24 hours of magical backlash. Increasing one's stats by 5% didn't feel much at the moment. Naturally, decreasing them by 3% felt like nothing too.

In the evening, XiaoYu returned to Serica. After the peak dinner rush, the restaurants weren't crowded by packs of human bodies. Perhaps it was the cheap and delicious home-cooking which made such a great impression on XiaoYu. He chose to dine at Yang Yue's once more.

He didn't have to sit in a remote corner anymore. This time, the server led XiaoYu to sit by the fence with a view opening up to the streets. But after a day of constantly being poisoned, he wasn't interested in the night view at all. He ordered, then immediately sprawled down on the table to relax. No one knew him anyway. He didn't mind being seen in such a mildly disgraceful posture.

"It really is LuckyCat." XiaoYu raised his head and saw GloryOfTheWorld standing beside his table with a jug of alcohol.

"Hello," XiaoYu replied.

"Do you mind if I sit?"

"No. Please."

"You've joined the Heretic Demons?"

"Mn."

"I recall the main Heretic Demons guild's entry requirement being Level 85."

"Really? I joined a subsidiary guild." XiaoYu had yet to take a close look at the guild rules. He only heard about the important ones from HereticKing on their holiday.

"What a pity. I was going to invite you to join Angel Wings' main guild. How about it?"

"No. I'm sorry. Everyone in Heretic Demons has been great to me." XiaoYu wasn't used to rejecting others, so he hid his awkwardness by sipping tea.

"But why didn't HereticKing let you enter the main guild? Aren't you lovers?"

"Pffft-!" Right. This cup of tea's wasted. "N-No. Yao and I are only friends."

"Yao?"

"HereticKing."

"That's his name?"

"Yes."

"Hehe. I thought you were calling my name. Yao's in my name too. My real name, that is."

"Ah. What a coincidence."

"Since you're not lovers, does that mean I stand a chance?"

"Hah?" XiaoYu must've overworked himself today. His brain was on strike. Why else could he not understand what GloryOfTheWorld was saying?

"Don't get what I mean?"

"Are you...drunk?" XiaoYu timidly asked. His eyes sneakily darting to the jug Glory had absentmindedly placed on the table.