ch26

26. Mysterious Egg

The bird was caught, but XiaoYu needed to buy the appropriate riding equipment for it from the Mount shop before he could ride it properly. Thus, XiaoYu kept the Peco Peco in his Mount Inventory for the moment.

XiaoYu snuck a glance at HereticKing. He was standing some distance away with a compass and trying to get an accurate reading on where they were. It was likely they'd be heading to some other place in the desert next.

XiaoYu scratched the back of his head. The other didn't display any distaste or dislike for their current situation. It wouldn't be good if he tried to object and try to leave alone, so XiaoYu gently walked over, thinking to ask about where they're going next or something.

"Ouch!" Crash!

When HereticKing heard XiaoYu's startled cry coming from behind him and the sound of something heavy dropping onto the ground, he quickly turned around, thinking there was a monster nearby. All he saw was XiaoYu sprawled on the ground with his limbs thrown out and a bright red -1 floating above him.

"! What happened?" Strangely enough, there was not a monster's shadow in sight. HereticKing bent down to help XiaoYu up. As he did so, he witnessed that cute cat-like face covered in sand. He was also pouting in dismay. "Pfft." HereticKing was still unable to stop himself from laughing.

"Peh. Peh..." Bai XiaoYu spat out the sand in his mouth and looked back in search of the source of his misfortune.

On the flat desert plains, somehow, there was a white oblong object protruding out from the ground. It was as if a large egg was buried in the sands and only a tiny portion of it was being exposed.

The tiny cat was crouching next to the unknown pale object that was about the same size as it. It pawed at the sand covering the object, hoping to figure out just what kind of mystical being was it to make its owner collapse in a whirlwind.

"Hahahahaha!" HereticKing seemed to already know what it was. He laughed so hard that he had to bend over. The only thing he didn't do was slam his fist on the ground in his laughter.

XiaoYu thought that laughter sounded oddly familiar, but now was not the time. He didn't know what the object was yet. Hence, he knelt down beside that thing and started pawing sand away with the small cat.

It really was an egg, pale white and bulky. XiaoYu wondered if such a large egg could be a dinosaur's egg.

"That's the egg of a Peco Peco bird. It's my first time seeing someone get injured by it. Hahaha..." HereticKing thought this trip was really worth his effort. As expected, the two cats would always bring him joy.

Egg-type monsters are the players' most favourite monsters of all. They won't attack and even when being attacked, they won't attack back. So, it'd go on until the players kill it by cracking its shell. It could also act as a food source for players camping outside.

With just a few minutes over the fire, it'd be edible. It'd also lower the Hunger meter rather substantially. The only issue was Egg monsters were too hard to find. They'd always be well-hidden by its fellow mature monsters.

A completely harmless bird's egg actually tripped XiaoYu up. It was even such a hard fall the game decided XiaoYu was injured. It was probably the first time such a thing had happened in this game's life. Whoever witnessing a scene like this would at least fall over laughing once.