ch35

35. Retaking the Hometown

The party calculated how long it'd take for them to journey to the Peco Peco's homeland and decided to head back to the city first. Their destination was much closer to Kemet than where they were at the moment. While Teleport would be locked during a special quest, the game didn't stop players from using Return Scrolls.

There's an old saying. Enemies always meet. Logically speaking, since the Wolf Clan ruled the Pyramids, it was normal if they met a few of Wolf Clan members. However, for them to encounter Wings members twice in a row? That's strange.

But GloryOfTheWorld wasn't around for their second encounter. Just LittleZhuGe and three players, probably Wings guild members, chatting near the portal. When LittleZhuGe saw the eight players who appeared out of nowhere, he merely paused for a brief moment in shock before nodding at HereticKing in greeting. Then, he went back to his conversation with the other three guild members.

As for the members of Heretic Demons, they didn't make any big response either. Their mission now was to find the Scorpion King before the afternoon hurricanes start and kill it.

Just as the party left LittleZhuGe's sights, a bright glow descended upon the portal once more. It was the missing GloryOfTheWorld. ZhuGe immediately whispered to him what happened. GloryOfTheWorld replied with a wave and ZhuGe, an assassin, vanished into stealth mode.

This time, XiaoYu had a mount. So, it only took them about an hour to arrive at the Peco Peco region. It had only been a day since he was last here, but the area has utterly transformed into something different. The sands were covered in scorpions, big and small.

"Seems like this is what's truly happening in the Peco Peco region." No one knew if there were any scorpions hiding underneath the sands once more. Thus, the party got off their mounts and readied themselves for a bloodbath.

"It probably only changed because we accepted that quest. If we fail, we'd have committed a grave sin. No newbies will be able to capture a Peco Peco as their mount in the future," Below_The_Moon let out a whistle as he summoned his hawk to assist him in spotting enemies and attacking. Because they were stuck in a cave during the battle with the Queen, he couldn't summon his hawk. Hence, he'd never bothered to summon it until now.

To the party whose levels average around 95, except for XiaoYu, these Level 60 to 70-plus scorpions were feeble. Plain and easy tiny bits of experience. And they really only give a tiny bit of experience. When a player was over 10 levels above the mob, the original amount of experience gained from killing it would be drastically reduced.

When the level difference reaches above 20, the game would force the amount received to 1. Thus, it was always for the best that a player fought with monsters around the same level as they were.

XiaoYu was so well-protected right in the middle of the group that not even a fly could reach him. However, because the level gap between him and the rest of the party was way too high, none of his spells could be used to help clear out the scorpions. So, he couldn't even receive that one measly experience point. Fortunately, they had completed two side quests beforehand. He was Level 39 now. Once this chain of quests was over, he would be Level 40 and be able to start a Profession.

As the group walked on, they met fewer and fewer scorpions. This meant they were getting closer to the boss. Suddenly, the earth rumbled and shook in a serious of violent tremors. An injury notification ranging from -30 to -150 popped up above everyone's heads, except for XiaoYu who suffered no injuries due to having been kept under protection buffs constantly by the other two healers.