ch7

7. Earning the First Pot of Gold

When HereticKing received a message containing 1 gold coin as soon as he logged on the next day, he didn't know whether to cry or to laugh. This boy called LuckyCat was not as greedy as his cat after all. When he didn't receive any more replies after he said there's no need to return it, he'd thought that was it. He didn't think LuckyCat would still insist on returning the money.

The time stamp on the message was near midnight. LuckyCat had probably been grinding for money just to send the gold coin to him. Hopefully this letter didn't result in the LuckyCat sleeping on the streets. After accepting the 1 gold coin and deleting the message with a small wave, HereticKing began working on his Job.

Rumours said AO would soon release the guild war patch. As a frequent visitor to the board of top players based on level (anonymously, by choice) he had best complete his third job change as soon as possible. (First Job at Level 10, Second Job at 50, and Third Job at Level 100. Levels are capped at 150.)

Meanwhile, Bai XiaoYu was also working on his job change. A few more flower sprites and he'd have completed his quest.

If he added more Strength, he could actually complete it easily. But Acolytes really don't need Strength. They can't always whack at monsters with a wand. He hoped his stat points could be spent in useful areas and not just for short-term convenience.

"Congratulations, player LuckyCat, for completing your Job Change." The system's quest complete notification was as beautiful as always.

"Player LuckyCat has successfully become an Acolyte. System awards Wand +1, Long Robe +1." Upon exiting the Job Change Hall, he found a quiet corner and began reading up on his new equipment and skills.

Wand. A plain wooden wand. Magic Attack 10-20. Level Limit: 10. Job Limit: Acolyte, Magician.

Long Robe. A common work uniform of acolytes. Def +10. Int +1. Slots: 1. Level Limit: 10. Job Limit: Acolyte.

His Skills tab was finally not blank. Healing, speed increase... While they're all at 1 Proficiency, they'd slowly level up. He had more than enough time.

The Long Robe occupied the Top and Bottom slots. Once put on, the two pieces of clothing he had were automatically removed. He twisted left and right and observed his new silhouette. Upon which a conclusion was reached: neither this nor that.

That was because he's still wearing a pair of slippers with a cute little knapsack. orz

AO's equipment combinations were something that required a lot of consideration and research, thought BaiYu. Not only must one look for the best in terms of stats, they must also look at how they'd fit together as an outfit.

Other than providing different equipment for different jobs, AO also had a clothing store just for all sorts of pretty clothing (accessories not included). But the prices were expensive and did not provide any defence or stat increase.

The wearer couldn't even use skills. Most were worn by those who loved to be beautiful inside cities or those who didn't want to expose what their jobs were. Outside the city, whether it was to kill monsters or to PK, they'd change back to their job's equipment, unless they'd grown tired of living.

No wonder he'd always felt some players looked weird but he couldn't understand how or where. It was because he wasn't used to staring at other people at all. So it was because they didn't tweak their equipment to match.