50 Fun (& not so Fun) Facts

Start from the beginning

14. If sound could travel through space the sun would sound like a jackhammer right next to your ear. If you stood on Mercury (if the heat didn't kill you) the sound of the sun would kill you instantly.

15. The US job with the highest mortality rate is the President, with 18.2% of them dying in office. Half of that was them being murdered.

16. For every 1 human there are about 1,000,000 ants.

17. The Irish invented whiskey in the 1300's and then didn't invent anything of note until 1661 when Robert Boyle established the basis for Modern Chemistry.

18. Arizona Cardinals are older than NFL and the state they play in.

19. Speaking of the Cardinals, they still haven't won a Super Bowl. And because the Chicago Cubs won the World Series a few years back, that means the Cardinals have taken over as the oldest franchise in any major league American sport without a championship.

20. There are 169,518,829,100,544,000,000,000,000,000 ways to play the first ten moves in chess.

21. MLB umpires are required to wear black underwear in case their pants rip during a game.

22. Frogs vomit by throwin up their entire stomachs, emptying it with their hands and swallowing it back.

23. Siblings or parents and their children that were separated from one another at birth or at a young age are often attracted to one another if they meet later on in life.

24. About 1 out of every 100,000 girls will have the vaginal and anal tracts fused together. This means they can ger pregnant while doing anal.

25. In 2006 a Coca Cola employee tried to sell secrets to Pepsi. Pepsi told Coca Cola about it.

26. The only reason King Tut is considered famous is because his tomb was untouched by tomb robbers, but that was because he was so unimportant that no one wanted to take anything. King Tut is like King Edward VI of England, too young to rule but died to early to be effective.

27. Peter the Great executed his wife's lover, then forced her to keep her lover's head in a jar of alcohol in her bedroom.

28. Thomas Jefferson had a ram as a pet and he called it "the abominable animal". It was extremely aggresive and he would tie it outside buildings he was in. It attacked a lot of people walking by. It even killed a little boy. Thomas only killed it when the ram started attacking his sheep.

29. Albert Einstien could have been president of Isreal when it was formed, but he declined.

30. Hitler's original plan for the Jewish people was to just deport them to Madagascar. When that failed he decided to go eith his backup plan of mass genocide.

31. The sound made by the Krakatoa volcanic eruption in 1883 traveled around the world world wide. It made many people deaf even if they were 40 miles away from the eruption.

32. There was a 100 Hour War between El Salvador and Honduras in 1969. The war caused the death of about 3,000 people. The war was triggered by a Football (soccer) game. It was also konwn as the Football War.

33. Pope Gregory IX called for all black cats to be killed because he believed they were incarnates of Satan. The mass killing of cats increased the number of rats throughout Europe. The increased number of rats helped to spread the plague around the country.

34. Max Tremmel, a priest on a winter walk one day in 1894, witnessed a young boy slip through some broken ice on the River Inn and saved him from drowning. That boy was Adolf Hitler.

35. The CIA made a spy cat (a cat that could lurk around and record information) and they put several millions of dollars into the project. But the cat promptly walked into traffic.

36. The Soviets had anti tank dogs (they would stap explosives to the dogs). But the dogs frequently blow up the Soviet troops instead.

37. When the Romans laid siege to Themyscera (which I didn't know was a real place until today), they attempted to tunnel into the city. The Themyscerans released bears into the tunnels.

38. The first bomb dropped on Berlin by the British during WWII claimed no human lives. But it did kill an elephant.

39. Koala Bears only eat eucalyptus but if you took it off the tree, put it on a plate, and set it in front of them, koalas will just stare at it as it does not recognize it.

40. The animal that injures the most zookeepers annually is the zebra.

41. A mother quokka will sacrifice her child to save herself. If a predator is chasing after her, she will loosen the muscles so her baby falls out of her. The baby will start to make noise as it hits the ground, making the predator turn their attention to the baby, giving the mother time to get away.

42. On multiple occasions zookeepers would return and find their gorrila outside the exhibit (and sometimes other animals, but always the gorrila). It happened so many times that many zookeepers were going to lose their jobs because it was believed they weren't locking the exhibits. However, it turns out that the gorilla would hide a a metal wire it found in its mouth and when everyone was gone he would use the wire to unlock his exhibit. He would then walk around and even let other animals out as well.

43. Raccoons are smarter than house cats and just below monkeys.

44. In 2020, 2 raccoons broke into a bank because they could smell food in the banks break room.

45. Foxes are known as cats trapped in a dogs body. They use their whiskers like cats, they have night vision like cats, they walk and hunt just like cats, they can walk around on the balls of their feet, just like cats, they can climb trees.

46. Unlike lions, tigers are pretty selfless. If a tiger is eating a meal and another tiger comes along they will share with the other tiger. Lions will kill each other for a meal rather than sharing.

47. Tigers can immitate other animal sounds. They use this talent to lure animals into a false sense of security.

48. Tigers can't pur. So to show affection they will close their eyes and snuggle next to you. Because closing their eyes makes them vulnerable, this is their way of showing that they trust you. Many house cats also do this.

50. When it comes to a wolf pack the 'Alpha' is not the most dominate wolf but rather just the oldest wolf of the pack.