Ch. 37 - RADIO SILENCE

Start from the beginning

"How much you got?" Lydia asked as Scott counted his money, "Uh, how much have you got?" He asked and she rolled her eyes slightly. "Just give me your money." She said and Avalon pulled out twenty dollars and handed it to Lydia. "All I have is fifty dollars. And when I say "all," I mean all..." Scott said and Lydia just grabbed his money before handing it to the guy.

He smirked before detaching the jeep and walking over to his truck. "Hey." Scott said making Lydia look over at him, "You know I don't actually have the keys to this thing, right?" He said and she glanced at the jeep and shrugged.

"Well, now we have a jeep."

Scott walked out of his classroom right as Avalon and Malia ran down the stairs. "There you are." Malia said making hin turn to them, "You guys heard it too?" He asked and they nodded. "Where's it coming from?" Malia asked and he glanced down the hall, "This way."

The ran down the hall and outside to find Lydia standing in front of the jeep making them run over to her. "It's coming from inside." She said and Scott, Avalon and Malia walked over to the driver side door. Scott pulled on the handle but the door was locked making him sigh. "Did somebody just lock the keys inside?" Malia asked.

"Break it." Lydia said making them glance over at her. Scott turned back to the jeep and pulled on the handle until the lock broke. In the middle of the front seats sat a police scanner where the static was coming from.

Avalon, Scott, Lydia and Malia looked around the jeep until the police scanner suddenly went quiet making them stop. "Why'd it stop?" Malia asked from the driver seat as Lydia looked at it, "It doesn't matter." She said as she flipped one of the switches but it never went back on making her sigh.

"There has to be a reason." She mumbled and then Scott sniffed the air and looked around confused. "Did you catch a scent?" Avalon asked making him look over at her, "Yeah, uh... Ours. Mine, yours... all four of us."

"Mine? I've never been in this Jeep before." Malia said and Scott shrugged, "Neither have I." He said and and Avalon nodded in agreement while Lydia sighed. "Yes, we have. We just don't remember it." She said. "I thought we were done with that?" Malia said making Lydia roll her eyes while Scott nodded slightly.

"Lydia, Parrish checked the VIN number. There's no record of an owner." Avalon said and Lydia just shrugged. "Well, the Jeep didn't just drive itself here." She said and Avalon and Scott nodded slightly when they realized she bad a point making Malia scoff, "Whose side are you on?" She asked making Scott's eyes widen.

"I'm on everyone's side." He said and Malia and Lydia both looked at Avalon's whose eyes widen slightly, "Please dont make me pick sides when my girlfriend is one of the sides." She said and Malia sighed.

"He's not real. Trust me. I've lost a lot of people in my life. It's a long list, and I don't feel like adding to it." Malia said as Lydia stared digging around the glove box and scoffed. "You might not have to... Not if we get him back." She said and then pulled out a paper and read it over before holding up a registration form for the jeep.

"This is from '96. And there's no name." Lydia said as she read it over, "But there's an address. 129 Woodbine Lane." Malia said and realization crossed over Lydia's face.

"I know that address."

Later that day Lydia pulled up to the school where Scott and Avalon stood in front of the tow truck guy next to the jeep. "We already paid you for that drop fee." Scott said and the guy shrugged, "Yeah, and I dropped it, all right? Now, I'm picking it up again." The guy said as Lydia walked up to them.

"How much? I'll write you a check." She said and the guy shook his head, "It's not about how much- they want it out of here, okay? It's not up to me." He said and went to walk over to the jeep but Avalon stood in the way. "Don't make me move you, sweetheart. Okay? I'm hookin' this thing up and I am towing it away." The guy said and Avalon just raised her eyebrows and spun her keys around her finger.

"Wanna see what your truck looks like when I take a key to it?" She asked but before anyone could say anything a squeaking sound came making them loom over to see Malia pulling the hook off the rope. "Your truck's broke." She said as she handed him the hook, "And don't call my girlfriend sweetheart." Malia said as he looked at her crazy and she just smiled.

A little while later Scott and Lydia were falling asleep in the jeep while Avalon and Malia stood outside when all of the sudden a loud roar made them jump up. "What the hell?" Scott muttered as they climbed out of the jeep and ran over to Avalon and Malia. "Did you hear that?" Avalon asked and Lydia nodded, "I think all of Beacon Hills heard that." She said.

"Who is it?" Scott asked and Malia shook her head, "I'm not sure, but I think I recognize it." Malia said and all glanced at each other. "Go!" Lydia said and almost instantly, Scott, Avalon and Malia ran off.

"Hey, any luck?" Scott asked as he, Avalon and Malia met up with each other after a little while of looking around. "No. He hasn't roared again. I've got a scent, but..." Malia said and Avalon shook her head slightly, "There's something wrong with it." She said and Malia nodded.

"It smells like whoever it is...is burning." Malia said before there was a distant roar making them glance at each other before following it. They ran until they found the burnt body of a man and they cautiously walked towards him.

"I hear a heartbeat." Avalon said as Scott grabbed her hand, "Who is that?" He asked and Malia furrowed her brows. "I don't know, but I know the scent, even through the barbecue." She said as she walked over to the man while Scott and Avalon glanced around. "How do you think he got here? There's no tracks, no fire..." He said all of the sudden the man's eyes shot open making them jump slightly before Malia's eyes widen.

"Oh, my God! Peter?" Malia asked and the man mumbled in pain as it seemed like he tried to nod making Avalon and Scott run over to them. "Who's Peter?" Avalon asked and Malka glanced at him, "Peter Hale- my dad." Malia said and Avalon looked at the man before realization crossed over her features.

"Holy shit."

"He bit me. How could I forget him?" He asked and Malia raised her eyebrows slightly. "How did I forget him?" She asked and Peter weakly tried to nod at his hand making Malia look down, "He has something." She said.

Peter started letting out pained grunts making the three of them take his pain away for a moment before his passed out. The three if them glanced at each other before Malia pulled something out of Peter's hand. "What is it?" Avalon asked and then Malia held up a set of keys.