Chapter Thirty-Five

Start from the beginning

"Your highest score in FIFTH GRADE was a C minus?" I asked, covering my mouth to hide my laughter.

His "shut up" confirmed that it was true.

"Watch your language, Spooner." Mrs. Hill said. She sighed. "If only I could meet the better Lysander Spooner, an American individualist anarchist. From the 1700s. Oh, how I'd love to meet him. Why did I have to meet this one with grades lower than my basement?" She asked herself, shaking her head in disappointment.

Then she finally noticed we were still there. "Oh. Y'all are still here? Leave, then!"

I like this Mrs. Hill lady. She was way better than my fifth grade teacher and the only thing she actually taught us was that Christopher Columbus was a spotlight-stealing brat.

It was rude how she worded it, honestly.

After we left, we headed back to Lysander's house. Correction: he went back to his house and dragged me. That's the truth.

The rest of the school year flew by, and before I knew it, we were graduating.

I remember clearly, that year when I graduated senior year with an ACT score of 35, that I felt very accomplished.

That's exactly what I said to Lysander, and he arrogantly replied, "Yeah, that's because you met me."

I didn't bother telling Lysander that I'd feel more accomplished not meeting him because he dragged me into a whole lot of drama.

"Uh-huh, whatever you want to think." I sighed. "I can't believe we're graduating today."

"I can," He chirped excitedly, "I wanna get out of this h*llhole."

I gasped. "You did not just say that."

"Oh, yeah. Yes I did. Wait, which word? Is it h-" He stopped himself from continuing. "Oh. I know now."

"Uh-huh. You know you're not allowed to cuss around me." I crossed my arms.

"But I just did! And other people don't mind..."

Wait. He cusses around other people? That's it, we're bringing this to the boxing center (not that I'll win or anything, but it sounded cool, so that's why I said it).

"That's other people. With me, no cussing."

"Today's the last day of school for the rest of eternity-" I cut him off.

"We have college after this." I cut in.

"-way to ruin the moment. I need to feel happy for a minute-"

"Sorry to blow it for you." I cut in again.

"WILL YOU JUST STOP CUTTING IN?"

"No." I laughed, "Yeah."

"ANYWAY," he said, "Today's the last day of HIGHSCHOOL, just let loose a bit! Like, I'm going to receive a scroll thingy from the president-"

I cut him off again. "You mean the principal?"

He shrugged, "Whatever. And I'll be receiving a fancy roll thing-"

"You mean a diploma?"

"Yeah. That." He agreed. "And I'm even going to wear a dress! That's probably the only dress I'm ever going to wear without people laughing at me because they're probably wearing the same thing."

"Don't worry," I said, "I'll laugh at you."

"Please. Don't." He begged. This is going to make me want to laugh at him more.

"I'll think about it," I replied, giving him a bit of mercy.

As we heard everyone else's speeches, I was waiting for my name to be called so I could embarrass myself and lower my social status more than it already was.

"Julia Robins," The principal called up.

It was time. I took a deep breath, and walked up to the stage.
_

Hi, guys! So here's the thing- the Wattys entries close in a week,s o this chapter had a huge time gap and I'm sorry.

Even more bad news- there WILL BE TWO MORE CHAPTERS. Plus some extra stuff I'm going to add at the end when I have time.

Thanks for reading so far! I love each and every one of you guys who've read this, are reading this, or silent reader. I appreciate you being here are reading.

I have a question: on a 1-10 scale, how cliche do you think this book is? Like, really, I wanna know.

(Cliche is basically you expected everything to happen because the storyline is so predictable. EX: Bad boy fell in love with nerd.)

Have a nice day and thanks again!

Somerandomhuman88