Awake - Chapter 34

( A week later - Third Person )

They had found out a week ago that lorelai would be in a Induced Coma.

It broke them more and since then everyone has been handling it different.

Giovanni in his office drowning himself in work. Kylie doesn't do anything much like she used to because she can't without getting upset. Elias also in the office drowning himself in work. Emilio drinking his life away. Jace spending all his time in the gym or in his room. Oliver distanced himself away from his family.

Aurora declined the date with Natalie and figured they'd still be friends but she's been sad too although she's trying not to show it. Noel is never present- most likely out killing.

The girls are oblivious to the situation- well they know something is wrong but all they want is their mom.

So as you can see- things aren't well.

How has Giovanni been handling the cancer? He hasn't.. and truth be told I think he forgot.

They have been checking on her but the doctor suggested they all go home and after many arguments they did.

( 3 days later - Lorelai's POV )

* BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP * is all I heard- it was faint but annoying.

I forcibly opened my eyes and quickly closed them due to the light.

I internally groaned and tried to sit up but my body was heavy.

I reached for the little bed remote and called for the nurse- I have to pee and I can't get up.

About a minute later a nurse came in with a smile.

" Miss bottura you're awake " she said joyfully.

" yeah yeah.. now help me up " I said back and she did.

My voice is scratchy..

The bathroom wasn't too far so once we got to it she let me go and I held onto stuff.

" Do me a favor.. don't tell them I'm awake- I want it to be a surprise " I yelled out to her.

My balance is off and I almost fell like two times but I got there.

" Yes ma'am! " she yelled back and I did the business.
-
As I was washing my hands I looked in the mirror and I got skinny.

Way too skinny and not to mention I look pale.

Yeah I have to eat.

No I need to go home.. I haven't seen my babies in about 2 weeks and I've never been away that long.

Then I have to see if my brothers and the rest are okay.

Although this sleeping drug is really kicking in.
——

I heard the door open and I opened my eyes feeling weaker than ever.

My vision was blurry and I saw scrubs so it was clearly a nurse.

" Excuse me " I said and didn't get a answer.

" Hello!! " I said again and the person looked at me before pulling out a needle.

The person walked towards me about to put the needle in my IV when i weakly moved my hand and slapped it.