Ch 29: The Love Scene

Chace and Sophie developed a new routine that still allowed some privacy for their new "it complicated" relationship status. 
They found ways to spend time together without letting the crew know. One was taking a morning run together. Mark or Katie would always pop over to the trailer while Phoebe rested or got ready. Of course they had to turn everything into a competition which Chace enjoyed Sophie's competitive spirit. It spurred him on as they sprinted together. Chace felt it was a win-win in running competitions with Sophie. If he beat her great plus her cocky smile that illuminated everything around him was worth it. Not to mention if he lost he knew it was from staring at her from behind at her  tight athletic gear that looked perfectly painted on.
They would part ways to separately get ready. Chace was usually the first to the coffee cart but the rule was whoever was first got the other their drink. Chace never thought he would be the doting significant other who knew his partner's complicated drink but here he was.

"Iced americano with half n half, and 3 raw sugars and my black coffee please, " Chace rattled off effortlessly to the barista.

"Wow, that's a new skill," remarked someone in line behind him.

Chace spun around quickly recognizing that voice....Meghan.

"Oh, hey. I mean good morning." He slicked down his hair in an attempt to ease his nerves. Meghan never made him nervous before. In fact no girl ever made him nervous that he could recall. However, he never wanted something so badly to work out before and Meghan's presence on set could prove to make his plans blow up in smoke.  Not because he desired her in any way, in fact it was a lack thereof. He just knew her presence would complicate an already complicated situation.

"Yesterday you apologized and now you are getting coffee for someone other than yourself. Never thought I would live to see the day," Meghan smiled shrewdly.

Chace blushed. Apparently his attempt to stay low key with Sophie was not going well.

"Oh yah, it's for a friend," he said dismissively.

"I'm sure it's for a 'friend,'" Meghan air quoted and gave a wink.

"It's not like that." Feeling an overwhelming urge to defend his status as well as flee the scene,  "I have to get to hair, I'll see you on set." He mustered up a cheesy smile  as he walked/ran away with the drinks. It seemed his acting skills were lacking off set and were useless in the real world.

He met Sophie and Phoebe in the hair trailer with coffee in tow.

Katie jokingly snatched the coffee out of his hand, "Oh for me? You shouldn't have."

Chace snatched it back, " I didn't."

He handed it to Sophie who was laughing at the two of them.

It hadn't escaped Sophie how endearing it was for Chace to always bring her her cup of coffee.

She smiled at him and while Phoebe wasn't looking, grabbed his hand for a squeeze, " Thank you."She mouthed. That simple gesture is what kept Chace's fire burning and why he continued to look for ways to show Sophie he cared.

"After all these years you never brought me a coffee, I thought you loved me," Katie jokingly blew him a kiss.

"I don't need the person with sharp scissors near my head jittery from coffee."

"Oh true true, " Katie smiled.

Phoebe hopped out of the chair with her new curls bouncing. "Your turn Mr. Chace!" she squeaked.

"Save me a seat on set next to you," he said, winking at Phoebe.

"You got it!"

Phoebe and Sophie headed off to set and left Chace in the hair trailer for his turn. Sophie was distracted talking with Phoebe when she suddenly collided with Meghan.