You giggled, "Always thinking alike."

"I only said come in because I thought it was my mom," Desiree said as she pulled away from the hug. "She told me she was a few minutes away, but if it were any other day, I'd go to the door," she explained with a smile on her face. You let out a laugh while looking around her almost empty apartment, "Cameron isn't here?" She shook her head, "He went to buy more boxes," Desiree responded, turning around to walk back into her bedroom.

You followed closely behind her seeing that the only things in her room were stacks of boxes and an inflatable mattress. "I know for a fact that sleeping on that is not comfortable," you joked while pointing at the mattress on the ground. Desiree laughed, "It's not, but since my bed got taken to Arizona a few days ago, that's what we've been sleeping on. Cameron hates it."

You watched Desiree walk into her closet, walking out with boxes of shoes, then going back in. "Do you want me to help?" you asked, setting your purse down on the mattress and going into her closet. "Please? We need to be out of here by 3 and at the airport at 5. Our flight leaves at 6:30 and Cameron still wants to stop by his parents house even though we just said goodbye to them yesterday," Desiree explained.

You let out a small laugh and as you were about to say something, there was a knock on the door and then the voice of Desiree's mom was heard in the almost empty apartment. "Mija, donde estas?" You smiled at the familiar voice, one you were so used to. When you had first met Desiree, you didn't understand Spanish, but after years of her teaching you, you were able to now understand it, speak it, and write it.

"En mi recamara, estoy con Y/N," Desiree announced.

Desiree's mom walked into the bedroom and into the closet where the both of you were and smiled, immediately pulling you in for a hug. "Hola, Y/N. Como estas?" You smiled, wrapping your arms around her, "Hola, Señora Mendoza. Estoy bien, apenas llegué aquí. Y usted, ¿cómo está?" you asked once she pulled away, going to hug Desiree.

"Bueno, estoy bien, gracias por preguntar," she responded.

Desiree smiled at the interaction between you and her mom, continuing to grab the rest of her things while the two of you continued to talk. "Todavía tienes ese novio que trabaja para el FBI?" her mom asked. You nodded, "Si, todavía estamos juntos."

"Me encanta que estén hablando, pero ¿pueden ayudarme?" Desiree sighed.

You and her mom both nodded, helping her take out things from her closet and put everything into boxes while still talking. Cameron showed up twenty minutes later and helped pack up the rest of the things around the apartment. When you guys filled up boxes, Cameron would close them up and take them down to the moving truck downstairs.

This is what you needed, something to help take your mind off your appointment and from the day at the hospital.

_

Two hours later, Desiree and Cameron's apartment was now empty. Her mom had left an hour ago, said she had to run some errands, so she said goodbye to Desiree and Cameron and wished them the best in Arizona.

"I'm gonna miss you, Des," you whispered to her as you guys stood in her empty bedroom. She smiled, "I'm gonna miss you too," she said, before wrapping her arms around your body. You felt tears start to fall down your face, "Don't forget about me," you sniffled. Desiree cried, "How could I forget about you, you're my best friend. My sister."

Her words made tears fall even harder, you clutched onto her body. She kissed you on your cheek, "I love you so much, Y/N." You whimpered, "I love you too."