You'd wake up in the middle of the night covered in sweat and breathing frantically. Spencer wouldn't wake up, you knew he was tired because of how much work he was doing throughout the day, so you wouldn't bother waking him up. He's already talked so much about that day with you, explaining how he felt, what he was thinking and has also been seeing a therapist.

He's been doing so well with his therapy, that he can already return to work next week. You on the other hand, aren't doing well in therapy. It's going to take some time.

You're pulled from your thoughts by the sounds of your phone ringing. Quickly glancing down at your phone, you see that Spencer was calling. You let out a deep breath before answering the call, putting it on speaker, then hearing his voice, "Hey, baby."

"Hi, babe. What's up?"

You can hear him spinning around in his chair which makes a small smile appear on your face. "Nothing, I just wanted to hear your voice. Are you still at Dr. Suarez's office or are you on your way home?" The smile grows on your face, "My appointment ended about ten minutes ago, so I'm on my way home now, but I was thinking about stopping by Desiree's apartment before she leaves in a few hours. Is that ok?"

"Y/N, you don't have to ask," he chuckled. "You can go see your friend. I'm still working on this case with the team, so I'll keep myself occupied while you're gone," he said.

"Ok, I'll see you when I get home, babe.", you replied.

Spencer smiled, "Be careful, I love you."

"Love you, Spence," your voice was barely above a whisper, but you know that he heard you based on the way he huffed out a small laugh. Something he does every time you tell him that you love him.

He ended the call and your music resumed playing. You merged onto the far right lane since your exit was coming up. Once you exited the highway, you drove straight to Desiree's apartment.

Desiree was supposed to leave two days after your birthday, but ended up staying a few more weeks. There were a few things getting set up at her new place in Arizona that were taking longer than expected. She was upset, pissed even that it was taking this long, but when she finally got the call last night that everything was ready, she called you to let you know that she would be gone by this afternoon.

So, of course you wanted to stop by and see her before she was 2,000 miles away from you.

About twenty minutes later, you pulled into Desiree's apartment building, driving into the parking garage and parking in the visitors parking lot. You turned off your car, took your seatbelt off, grabbed your purse from the passenger seat, opened the door, and got out of the car. You locked your car, walked to the elevator and pressed the button on the panel. Once the doors opened, you walked in, pressing the number five on the panel and waiting for the doors to close.

You wrapped your arms around yourself again during the ride up, staring straight at the elevator doors. You tapped your fingers rapidly on your side, listening to the light music playing inside the elevator, then feeling the elevator come to a complete stop on the fifth floor. Walking out, keeping your arms around you, you went straight to Desiree's door, 502.

Slowly lifting your left hand, you knocked softly, hearing Desiree shout, "Come in!" Dropping your hand to the doorknob, you twisted it and walked right in. "You know, you shouldn't leave your door unlocked, then yell 'Come in' when someone knocks," you announced.

Desiree came out from her bedroom, a shocked expression on her face. "Did you really think I wouldn't come see you before you left?" She ran straight towards you, immediately wrapping her arms around your neck. "I was gonna go see you before I left," she mumbled.