"Don't- don't do that." He whispered to her. They both knew what he was talking about. "I know you don't see me as a friend, not like you used to. And it's clear you hate advice but, don't restrict yourself." Remus tried to advise not wanting to over step his boundaries. He also didn't want Harlow to hold back and be miserable. So it was hard for him to find middle ground.

"You're right I don't see you as a friend." She whispered back harshly and scowled at him. "And you can't speak about a subject you don't understand."

"Well then help me understand." He responded instantly completely serious with his words. His hand reached for hers that rested on the table. Her other hand immediately went to aggressively stop his, but she didn't.

Harlow let his hand slowly drift over to hers and rest on top. The contact was slightly comforting and nice until it wasn't. Harlow retracted her hand from under his and tried her best to avoid his eye contact.

"I have an idea." Remus announced with a proud smile. He tried not to let her hand slipping away phase him. "We could take turns asking each other questions. You know familiarise ourselves again."

Harlow rested her head on her hand as she scanned his face. She was deep in thought and trying to weigh up the options. Naturally Harlow would flat out say no and be offended at the mere suggestions. However even though she was never swayed easily, there was one thing that managed to be a very important factor.

Knowledge.

Harlow was taught to strive for power. And knowledge was known to unlock power.

Harlow leant back in her chair and smirked smugly at him. She held out her hand for him to shake. "Deal."

Remus scoffed out a chuckle, "And you say I'm the dramatic one." He still shook her hand but couldn't wipe the pleased smile of his face. "I'll go first, what your favourite colour?"

"Blue." Harlow replied within a second.

"That was fast." Remus chuckled, it was weird seeing her so enthusiastic. It was over a bloody colour as well.

"It- its stupid." She muttered feeling an emotion other than numbness, she felt embarrassed.

"No go on." Remus reassured her, his smile only growing bigger. Remus even made the bold move of scooting his chair closer.

Harlow eyed his movement but didn't object she was too busy deciding whether or not to continue talking. She gave in, "It makes me think of the sky." She muttered rather shamefully. Her cheeks tinted pink and she tried her best to avoid his eye contact.

"Are you embarrassed?" He asked astounded. His jaw was agape as he studied how fidgety she was being.

In a second it snapped away as she digested all her feelings once more. "Nope." She replied and gestured for himself to answer the question.

"My favourite colour is red." Remus answered. He went on to asking all kinds of questions. The replies that he gave weren't in any way providing Harlow with useful knowledge.

She some how managed to agree to teach Remus Russian during their forced tutoring sessions. She figured if she wasn't learning he may as well be. But obviously Harlow had to have been stupid to believe the questions were going to stay so impersonal.

"Why were you in Russia?" Remus sneakily glanced back at her face in attempt to detect how his question effected her. He wasn't sure if she would break down into tears again or swing at him.

"Last time I went though the effort of fake crying and you're still asking?" Harlow muttered with a joking smile on her face.

When Remus caught sight of the smile he almost died, not really. He couldn't even focus on her words only her lips curved into one of the most amazing shapes even. His intense staring brought Harlow to the realisation and she dropped her smile promptly.