Chapter Twenty Six: Lost

Start from the beginning

"Marinette and mom got the worst of it. But we're all roughed up. We'll live, but we definitely all need medical attention."

Audrey was about to reply when the limo pulled up. "Come on, get in, get in."

Marinette and Adrien climbed in first, followed by Gabriel and Nathalie. Audrey sat in the front passenger seat.

"Okay. Spill. What the fuck happened to you four?? You've been gone for over half a week!"

"Remember Christopher?" Nathalie weakly said.

"Chad? Uh yeah, that bastard? I thought I got rid of him." Audrey replied with disgust.

"He kidnapped us."

"What!? When I get my hands on him-"

"No need, Audrey." Gabriel subtly replied. "He's dead."

Nathalie laughed a little. "I hate him. Alex should've known better than to give me his gun. After all, we were childhood friends." Gabriel instinctively put the cloth up to her mouth as she finished speaking. Blood dripped down her lips. "He really messed us all up. But I won't give him the satisfaction."

Gabriel picked her up and set her on his lap. "Rest, dear. You've coughed up enough blood. I can't risk you passing out."

"I'd normally spread stuff like this all over the news, but I think you've been through enough now. But I see that the rumors were true. You picked a good one, Gabriel." Audrey blurted.

"Gabe..?"

"Yes, dear?"

"It hurts again. Help me." she managed to get out before starting to cry.

"It'll be oka-" Gabriel's eyes widened. "Oh my God.." Everyone, including Audrey, turned to look at him, wondering what shocked him so. He held up his hand to the light. It was coated with thick, red blood. "Nath. Stay calm. I'll do everything I can to save them. Adrien?!"

"Yes, father?" he asked, completely concerned.

"Give me your shirt. Right now. She's bleeding badly. We might be losing the baby!" Gabriel panicked.

Adrien quickly got his shirt off and handed it to his father. Even Audrey was worried. Gabriel applied slight pressure to Nathalie's stomach, hoping it'd slow the bleeding, if anything. Nathalie wanted to scream but she didn't have the strength. She had to stay awake. Nathalie couldn't take the pain any longer, even if she wanted to stay awake, she couldn't bear it anymore.

"Nath, please stay awake. Please, you can handle this. You've been in a much worse situation than this. Please." Gabriel couldn't hold back the tears anymore, and he broke down.

"I'm.. trying.."

Marinette and Adrien couldn't watch Nathalie in pain any longer. They both turned around, facing away from them. They could only hear Gabriel's comforting voice, soothing Nathalie from her pain while he's begging her not to fall asleep.

Once they got there, Nathalie fully passed out in Gabriel's arms. "Nathalie! Wake up, please!" Gabriel begged.

"Let's move quickly now!" Adrien yelled.

They rushed to the ER, not caring if all of the people were staring at them. All they care about right now is Nathalie and the baby. The receptionist looked up to who the next patient was and was not expecting a bunch of celebrities.

"One room for all four of us. I don't care about the price. Everything that's done to my girlfriend will be in my presence." Gabriel spat. And as he turned around to the crowd, "And if any of you people have some decency, you won't speak a word about this situation until I make it public. Understand?" Everyone put their phones away and nodded. "Good." He looked back at the staff, "Get us in a room now! Both girls are critically injured!"