Chapter 9

Chapter 9

It's been a couple of days and Stefan and I have been inseparable. Caroline and I do a little shopping and are meeting Stefan and Matt at the Grill and when we walk in, I see Elena walk past me smirking and see Stefan looking down at his feet. I walk over and see him wiping lipstick off his lips. "Stefan?" I ask and he looks at me. "Layne. Let me..." he starts and I stop him and back away. "Layne..." he starts again and I stop him. "I should go." I say before running out of the Grill before the tears start. I should have known. Caroline runs after me and stops me. "You don't know what happened." she tells me. "You saw her when she walked by us. And him wiping lipstick off his lips. I know what happened. I should have known better." I tell her, my insecurities are coming back.

After Caroline and I get home and I finally drift off to sleep, she sneaks my phone and calls Stefan. "Layne, you have to..." he starts and Caroline stops him. "It's Caroline. What the hell happened?" she asks. "Elena came up to me telling me that she wanted to be with me and when I told her I wanted to be with Layne, she said she didn't care and kissed me. I pushed her away and that's when you guys walked in." he tells her. "Be here in the morning. I'll help you talk to her. She finally fell asleep." she tells him. "Thanks Caroline." he tells her and they end the call.

The next morning, I wake up and shower and walk into the kitchen and see Caroline and Stefan there. "What are you doing here?" I ask Stefan. "You need to hear him out." Caroline says and I shake my head no and go to walk out of the room and she stops me. "You need to listen to him." she tells me. I look at Stefan and he walks over to me and cups my face. "I don't want her. She said she wanted to be with me and I said I wanted you and she kissed me. I pushed her away." he tells me. "You promise?" I ask. "I promise Princess. I love you." he tells me and I feel the tears start to fall again. He pulls me into his arms and holds me and I say "I love you too."

We head to the Grill since it's Saturday and he's keeping me close. We see Elena come in with Bonnie. They sit at a table and I stand to go talk to her. "Can we talk?" I ask and she nods before walking to the bathroom hallway with me. "I know you kissed Stefan. You need to back off." I tell her. "And why would I do that?" she asks. "Because he's with me. He loves me and I love him." I tell her and she says "Yeah well I promise I will do things with him you won't." she tells me smirking and I smirk back and say "Yeah well I think I beat you to that." I tell her and she looks at me shocked. I get in her face and say "Stefan is mine. Sister or not, the next time you touch my boyfriend, I will break you. Do you understand?" I ask and she nods, never seeing this side of me. I walk away, leaving her standing there. I get back to the table where Caroline, Stefan and Matt are and Stefan is smirking at me and stands as I walk up. He pulls me close and crashes his lips with mine and says "I definitely love you." and I can't help but laugh.

After the Grill, Caroline and Matt head out and Stefan and I head to the boarding house. We go to his room and lay on the bed. We start to kiss and he makes love to me. Once we reach our release, he holds me and we lay there for a while, talking and kissing before he takes me home. Walking into the house, she pulls me to the couch and asks "How was your night?" I smile and Liz walks in and we both look at her. "Yeah, how was your night?" she asks and I smile and say "It was good." and look at Caroline. Liz looks between me and Caroline and smiles. "Well, looks like our little Layne has finally grown up." I look at her shocked and she says "Your mom used to get that same glow after her and your dad got serious." she tells me. "Are you on birth control?" she asks and I nod my head yes. "Good." she says before kissing the top of both of our heads and heading to bed. I look at Caroline and say "Your mom is the best." and she smiles. "So?" she asks. "We slept together again. He's so gentle and sweet." I tell her and she just smiles.