Chapter Two: Adventure Time

'And in the end all I learned was how to be strong alone'

Family?

I wasn't sure if I heard her right, the fact that I wasn't necessarily apart of a true family. And now that I think of it I didn't feel like I was welcomed. After all I didn't know that I were consider myself apart of this family. Kenzo and Faizah made me feel like I am so why is it that my mind wanted to say otherwise.

Kenzo, Faizah and I drove to the local mall, sitting in the back with them felt odd as the driver had the radio playing low. I was lost in thought as I turned to look around my surroundings. Kenzo held the door for me as I slide towards the opening. Once getting out, Faizah wrapped her arm around mines.

As we walked, towards the entrance. "Where would you like to go first?" Faizah turned to me.

As Kenzo looked around, observing the many people who strolled past us. Not really looking at anything particular, but still didn't kept his guard down.

Turning back to Faizah, "um I'm not sure. Whatever you like to start, I will follow." I profess, shrugging my shoulders

"Alright we can start with Victoria's Secret." Pulling me along to the store.

We searched for several hours, looking through the bras and underwear. Once Faizah was satisfied on the 9 pairs of underwear with matching bra set. She purchased them as the lady handed the bags to her. Faizah deliver them to Kenzo to hold.

"Oh that's fine, I can hold my bags, Faizah." I suggested.

"Don't be silly, Kenzo can handle them. Plus we have to keep our hands open for searching for more clothes." Faizah smiled, shaking her head.

Nodding my head, "what's our next place?"

"Clothes, we can go here and look around. We have to find something for Friday also." Faizah answered, as she pointed to a expensive store that sold dresses.

Guiding me into the store, I stopped at a black long dress with two slits down the thighs. The mannequin wasn't nowhere close to my size. I knew the change of me fitting it or finding a size for me was slim. But the need inside me wanted to be able to fit it.

Faizah inspect up at the dress also, looking at me she nodded her head. A lady walked up to us, smiling as we both turned our heads towards her. Her body was the size of the mannequin with perky breast that would probably stand up on their own. Her glass shaped figure made me even more insecure about my size.

Being a plus size woman, I couldn't wear the clothes that others wear. So jeans and a baggy t-shirt also were my go to. Over the years, I struggle with my size throughout my life. I picture myself differently than what I saw in the mirror everyday.

"Hello, this is a perfect choice for you. Would you like to try it on." The lady turned to Faizah, not acknowledging me at all.

"Actually my friend here wants to try it on." Faizah replied with a smiled.

"For her, sorry but we only has sizes 0- 18. We don't go up higher in dresses. She could never fit a 18." The woman said.

Putting my head down, my shoulders slumped. Hiding my face with my hair as I tried to keep the tears threatening to fall to stay put. As I just stared down at my feet, not looking up.

"I advised you to apologize to my friend for your rudeness." Faizah replied, calmly.

Lifting my head up to look at the lady shock and confused expression. "I'm not apologizing for someone who should watch what she eats and try to stay in her plus size stores."